Summer Outreach Trip
Team Member Application
Early-Bird Application Deadline: February 28, 2014. After this date, applications will be accpeted on a rolling basis until the time of the trip.
Trip Dates: June 1-6, 2014
Cost: $275 plus a non-refundable $25 deposit
Lourdes University Campus Ministry is collaborating with the Franciscans for the Poor program in Cincinnati. This weeklong outreach experience provides students with an opportunity to serve the greater community. Participants volunteer with a variety of agencies that address human needs and integrate prayer and reflection while building community with other members of the team.
For more information about the program please visit their website: www.franforthepoor.org
- Who is eligible?
- Any enrolled Lourdes University student:
- Who is in good academic standing
- Who has no disciplinary issues
- Additional commitments/requirements:
- Team members are required to attend all planning meetings
- After the February 28 early-bird deadline, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
How to apply
A complete application includes:
- A submitted online application form
- A 1-2 page essay on one or more of the following topics:
- Why do you want to participate?
- Have you been involved with an extended outreach experience in the past? If so, please tell us about your experience.
- Give an example of a time you worked with a team to achieve a goal? What personal gifts did you use to help achieve that goal?
- How can you bring this experience back to the Lourdes University campus?
- A brief reference letter from a Lourdes faculty or staff member, pastor or employer. This should be sent directly by the reference to Laurie Knueven at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the postal service to: Laurie Knueven, Lourdes University, 6832 Convent Blvd., Sylvania, OH 43560
Submit your online application form today!