Advising FAQ

Academic Advising

Advising FAQ

What do I do after I’ve been accepted to Lourdes?

  1. Students that are coming to Lourdes University with less than 19 college credits and are direct from high school students are required to attend a New Student Registration Day. Please call the Admissions Office for more information on upcoming Registration Days. Transfer students with 19 credits or more meet directly with an academic advisor to register for classes and discuss their educational goals. If you are a transfer student, please call 419-824-3882 to schedule an appointment
  2. Get your Student ID and Parking Permit. Visit the Welcome Center in REH to have your picture taken for your student ID. You will need to know your license plate number to get a parking permit. There is no charge for a parking permit or student ID
  3. Buy your books. The bookstore is located at the corner of Brint Rd. and McCord Rd. Take your class schedule with you so that you are sure to purchase the appropriate text books. If you are eligible for a book voucher, you may pick it up in the Bursar’s Office, located next to the Advising Center in Mother Adelaide Hall
  4. Attend New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation takes place in person for students coming directly from high school or those transfer students that have less than 19 college credits earned. New Student Orientation for transfer students takes place through Sakai, and is completed at the pace of the new transfer student

Who is my Academic Advisor?

You have been assigned an advisor based on your academic major. To find out the name, phone number, and office location of your advisor, visit the advising webpage or call the Advising Center at 419-824-3882 (or toll-free at 1-800-878-3210).

How do I register for classes?

  1. Check to see who your advisor is by visiting the Advising webpage.
  2. Call your advisor to make an appointment.
  3. Review your degree requirements on your degree audit.
  4. Choose your courses online by reviewing the schedule of classes online.
  5. During your appointment, ask for your online PIN so you can go online and register for classes.
  6. Go online to the Lourdes Portal, log in, and then click on the “Web for Students” button.
  7. Click on the Student tab, then click on the Registration hyperlink.
  8. Click “Registration” then Click “Add/Drop Classes”.
  9. Select a term.
  10. Enter Alternate Pin Number. (New each semester)
  11. Click “Submit”.
  12. Click “Class Search”.
  13. Enter Course Number (CRN) or Course/Section
  14. If you encounter a “PRE-REQ OR TEST SCORE ERROR,” call your advisor for a permit to register for the class.
  15. Print your schedule and check it online regularly for any classroom changes.

What should I bring to my advising appointment?

Since you will be registering for classes, you should bring a copy of your work schedule, if possible. You should also review course options prior to your advising appointment. You may view the schedule of classes online.

How do I add or drop a class?

Prior to dropping a course, be sure to check with Financial Aid to find out if/how your aid will be effected by changing your class load. If you need to add or drop a class before the freeze date, talk to your advisor. If it is after the freeze date, you will need to obtain a drop-add notice, which you can pick up in your advisor’s office. You need to obtain a signature from three individuals: your advisor, your instructor, and a member of the Financial Aid staff. Once it is filled out, drop it off at the Office of the Registrar, SCH 139.

How do I declare or change my major?

If you are ready to declare your major or you wish to change it, pick up a Declaration of Major form from your advisor’s office. Fill it out and drop it off at the Office of the Registrar, SCH 139. It’s that simple!

How do classes transfer to Lourdes?

Visit the Transfer Students page on our website. Click on the school you are transferring from to see how your classes will transfer to Lourdes. If your school is not listed there, contact the Office of Admissions for further information.