Sister Rosine Sobczak, OSF, M.S.
Associate Professor, Department of Biology and Health Sciences
Director: Lourdes Life Lab
- M.S. University of Detroit (Biology)
- B.S. Mary Manse College (General Science)
Areas of Expertise
- Science Educational Council of Ohio - Cincinnati (1992), Cleveland (1993), Columbus (1994); NSTA Boston, MA (1992)
- American Biology Laboratory Education Conference, Cornell University (1986), Las Vegas, NV (1991)
- 50 presentations on Environmental Literacy in OH, MI, MN, WI
- Responsible for 36 grants for the Lourdes Life Lab totaling $1.2 million (2 U.S. Department of Education, 10 Eisenhower; 3 each of OEEF and Toledo Community Foundation, 11 of Christ Child Society; 2 each of General Mills and Envirosafe; 1 of Tandy, College Board, Ohio Campus Compact and 16 other groups.
Recent awards and/or recognition
- Teaching Excellence Award Nominee, Lourdes College, 2009
- Conservation Organization Award, League of Ohio Sportsman, 2008
- Ohio Environmental Education Fund - Outstanding Project, 2008
Service to Community
- Collaborator with over 20 environmental groups as a part of the Life Lab concept.
- Committee on the Earth Summit, 2008
- Co-Chair, National Earth Conference, 1998
- Judge, National Earth Conference, 1965 - present
- Founded the Science Alliance for Valuing the Environment (S.A.V.E., Inc.); an educational consortium in Northwestern Ohio (1989). President (1990–1992, 1994–1995).
- Catalyzed ecological video between City of Sylvania and S.A.V.E., Inc., 1994–1995
- Initiated meetings between Sylvania City Officials, College & Community administration to develop an environmental forum, 1993–1994.
- Reviewed and judged scientific papers, Junior High Science & Humanities Symposium