Dean's Scholars Program
A select cohort of 25 new full-time students—majoring in accounting, business administration, or health care administration—will participate in this competitive program. Scholars will have VIP access to Ryan D. Butt, JD, Dean of the College of Business & Leadership.
The program features:
- Quarterly outings to select business and cultural venues under the supervision of the dean
- Automatic eligibility to participate in BUS 423—The Leadership Seminar taught by the dean—providing unique exposure to business and community leaders
- Participation in a service trip such as Habitat for Humanity with the dean or another faculty member
- Invitation to special job recruiting events and a reference letter from the dean for those completing the program with a 3.5 GPA or better
- Automatic acceptance into the MBA program for those with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better at the end of their junior year (GMAT waived)—allowing accepted students to complete their BS and MBA in 5 years
- Work with experts to begin your career-planning process in BUS 100
- Option of being part of a living learning community in Lourdes Commons where program participants live with other Dean's scholars
- Take advantage of career counseling and interview coaching opportunities in the Backpack to Briefcase program
- Mentorship opportunities available with area executives in the Executives-in-Residence program
- Gain priority access to premier internship opportunities
- Receive complimentary subscriptions to the Harvard Business Review and Wall Street Journal and participate in a monthly discussion group with distinguished faculty covering topics in the business news
- Eligibility to participate in a 1-week international business trip with MBA students during senior year
- Participate in the Business Ambassador program with opportunities to lead events at the University and in the broader community
Scholars Housing Award
Dean's Scholars will receive a $1,000 Scholars Housing Award per year in addition to their Academic Scholarship
The 25 selected Dean's Scholars must meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- ACT score of 22 or higher
- Demonstration of strong leadership during their high school career
Application and Acceptance
Applications to the program must be received by March 1, 2014.
Please phone admissions 419-885-5291 to apply.
Notification of acceptance will be made by April 1, 2014.