College of Business & Leadership:
Dean's Scholars Program
A select cohort of 25 new full-time students – majoring in accounting, business administration, or health care administration – will participate in this competitive program. Scholars will have VIP access to Ryan D. Butt, JD, Dean of the College of Business & Leadership.
The program features:
- Quarterly outings to select business and cultural venues under the supervision of the dean
- Automatic eligibility to participate in BUS 423 – The Leadership Seminar taught by the dean – providing unique exposure to business and community leaders
- Participation in a service trip such as Habitat for Humanity with the dean or another faculty member
- Invitation to special job recruiting events and a reference letter from the dean for those completing the program with a 3.5 GPA or better
- Automatic acceptance into the MBA program for those with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better at the end of their junior year (GMAT waived) – allowing accepted students to complete their BS and MBA in 5 years
- Work with experts to begin your career-planning process in BUS 100
- Option of being part of a living learning community in Lourdes Commons where program participants live with other Dean's scholars
- Take advantage of career counseling and interview coaching opportunities in the Backpack to Briefcase program
- Mentorship opportunities available with area executives in the Executives-in-Residence program
- Gain priority access to premier internship opportunities
- Receive complimentary subscriptions to the Harvard Business Review and Wall Street Journal and participate in a monthly discussion group with distinguished faculty covering topics in the business news
- Eligibility to participate in a 1-week international business trip with MBA students during senior year
- Participate in the Business Ambassador program with opportunities to lead events at the University and in the broader community
Scholars Housing Award
Dean's Scholars will receive a $1,000 Scholars Housing Award per year in addition to their Academic Scholarship
The 25 selected Dean's Scholars must meet the following requirements:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- ACT score of 22 or higher
- Demonstration of strong leadership during their high school career
Application and Acceptance
Applications to the program must be received by March 1, 2014.
Please phone admissions 419-885-5291 to apply.
Notification of acceptance will be made by April 1, 2014.