MBA Admission Requirements for International Students
Lourdes University actively seeks a rich pool of applicants from around the globe. While we recommend that international students apply in earlier rounds, there is sufficient time for students to apply for and secure a visa in all rounds.
International students must complete these MBA admission requirements if seeking admission to the full and part-time MBA programs:
- Hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree in business. In light of the Bologna Accord, Lourdes University College of Business & Leadership will also accept all three-year international degrees to fulfill the undergraduate prerequisite for application to the MBA program.
- Complete the admission process for regular admission to a graduate program, as stated in the current University Catalog.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. If transcripts are from an institution or institutions outside the U.S., then official copies should also be sent to World Education Services (www.wes.org) for an international Academic Credential evaluation and translation at the expense of the student. The official WES report should be sent directly to Lourdes University Graduate School.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency by completing the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of 173+ on the computer version or 500+ on the paper version, or a cumulative score of 61+ on the TOEFL IBT (Internet-based test) or a 6.0+ on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). International applicants who meet one or more of the following conditions are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS requirement:
- Education is from an English secondary or postsecondary institution in the following countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (not Quebec), Cook Islands, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Granada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariannas, Papua-New Guinea, St. Christopher Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Seychelies, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Swazi-land, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom and the United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Graduated from a secondary school in the United States.
- Completed 24 semester hours of college-level coursework from an accredited college/university in the United States with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.
- Achieved ESL certification at or above the advanced level at a regionally accredited university/college in the United States.
- Provide proof of healthcare insurance; a bank statement showing a balance of at least the cost of an academic year: two (2) semesters of tuition, books, food, housing, and transportation; a copy of the applicant’s passport; a copy of the applicant’s I-94.
If you have any questions regarding the MBA admission requirements for international students, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Apply now for the MBA program at Lourdes University!