Jennifer Sader, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, College of Business and Leadership
- Ph.D., Higher Education Administration, Bowling Green State University
- M.F.A., Poetry, Bowling Green State University
- B.F.A., English and Creative Writing, Bowling Green State University
Areas of Expertise
- Higher education
- Women's issues
- Technology and social media
- Professional development
- McClellan, P. & Sader, J. (2012). Power and privilege. In Norris, J., Sawyer, R., & Lund, D. (Eds.), Duoethnography: Culture, Identity, and Curriculum. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Sader, J. (2011). "The influence of gender: Women doctoral students in computer science." In Pasque, P.A., & Nicholson, S.E. (Eds.), Empowering Women in Higher Education and Student Affairs: Theory, Research, Narratives, and Practice from Feminist Perspectives (pp. 121-137). Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Sader, J. (June 2013). Supporting women in graduate leadership education. Paper presented at the International Leadership Association and Leadership Affinity Group's Inaugural Conference, Monterey, CA.
- Sader, J. (April 2013). Women seeking achievement in male-dominated careers: Leadership and computer science. Presented at the AAUW Ohio Equity Day and Convention, Newark, OH.
- Schwartz, D. & Sader, J. (April 2012). Factors affecting assessment in graduate programs. Presented at the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools, Chicago, IL.
- Schwartz, D. & Sader, J. (November 2011). Factors affecting assessment in graduate programs. Roundtable at the 36th Annual Conference of the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Charlotte, NC.
- Sawyer, R.D.; Sader, J.; McClellan, P.; Huckaby, F.; Weinburgh, M. H.; Watson, G. C.; & Norris, J. (April, 2011). Duoethnographies of status, privilege, and power: A political turn for the public good. Presented at the meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.
- McClellan, P. & Sader, J. (October, 2010). “I treat everyone the same”: Interrogating power and privilege in leadership education. Presented at the meeting of the International Leadership Association, Boston, MA.
- McClellan, P. & Sader, J. Interrogating power and privilege in leadership education. Presented at the meeting of the International Leadership Association, Boston, MA. October, 2010.
- Shelengoskie, S., & Sader, J. "Developing and implementing Sakai Portfolio for graduate student assessment." Presented at the meeting of the Sakai Project, Cambridge, MA. July, 2009.
- Shelengoskie, S., & Sader, J. Assessment changes everything: Lourdes College Master of Organizational Leadership’s electronic portfolio and development process. Poster presented at the Student Success Assessment Summit, Columbus, OH. June, 2009.
- Sader, J. “Women Graduate Students in Computer Science: What they Say about Themselves and The Field,” Presented at the Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing, Deer Creek Resort and Conference Center, Mt. Sterling, Ohio. February, 2007.
- Sader, J. “Women in Computer Science: Opening a New Window on the Debate,” Lightning Talk and Birds of a Feather session presented at Midwest Celebration of Women in Computing, DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana. September, 2006.
- Snavely, D., Czerniak, C., & Sader, J. “The Making of a Woman Scientist,” Panel presentation with Dr. Deanne Snavely, Dr. Charlene Czerniak at the Catherine S. Eberly Center for Women, The University of Toledo. September, 2006.
- 2013 Lourdes University Faculty Excellence Award Nominee
- 2012 Lourdes University Faculty Excellence Award Nominee
- 2009 Lourdes College Faculty Recognition and Professional Development Grant, for research project with Dr. Deborah Schwartz on graduate school assessment at small private colleges
- 2007 Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing Conference Scholarship
- 2006 Katzner Fund for Graduate Student Research and Professional Development, $1000 grant
- 2006 Microsoft Midwest Celebration of Women in Computing Conference Scholarship