Patrice A. McClellan, Ed.D.
Director of Master of Organizational Leadership
Assistant Professor of Leadership
- Ed.D., Leadership Studies, Bowling Green State University
- M.O.D., Organizational Behavior and Change, Bowling Green State University
- B.B.A., Business Marketing, The University of Toledo
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Development
- Community Leadership & Activism
- Culturally Proficient Leadership
- American Educational Research Association
- Association for the Study of Higher Education
- International Leadership Association
- University Council of Educational Administration
- McClellan, P.A. (2012) Race, Gender, and Leadership Identity: An Autoethnography of Reconciliation International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 25(1), 87-97
- McClellan, P. & Sader, J. (2012). Power and privilege. In Norris, J., Sawyer, R., & Lund, D. (Eds.), Duoethnography: Culture, Identity, and Curriculum. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
- Alston, J. A. and McClellan, P. A. (2011). Herstories: Leading with lessons of the lives of Black women activists. Peter Lang Publishing
- McClellan, P.A. (2010) Critical Servant Leadership: From Theory to Practice in Horsford, S. D. (Ed) New Perspectives in Educational Leadership: Exploring Social, Political, and Community Contexts and Meaning. Peter Lang Publishing.
- McClellan, P.A. and Alston, J.A. (2008) Leading through Adversity: A Portrait of an Urban Elementary Assistant Principal Aspiring to the Superintendency. National Journal of Urban Education and Practice 1(3), 150-158.
- McClellan, P.A. (2011). Race and gender: An autoethnography. Paper presented at AERA 2011, New Orleans, LA
- McClellan, P.A. and Sader, J. (2011). “I treat everyone the same”: Using duoethnography to interrogate power and privilege in leadership education. Paper presented at AERA 2011
- McClellan, P. A. and Sader, J. (2010). “I treat everyone the same”: Using duoethnography to interrogate power and privilege in leadership education. Paper presented at International Leadership Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, October 2010
- McClellan, P.A. (2009). Building bridges: Blurring the lines of race and gender in leadership research. A Black woman reflects on her journey researching “Great” Black men leaders. Paper presented at University Council of Educational Administration Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA November 2009
- Critical Servant Leaders: Building Coalitions to address the needs of Black students in Public Schools. Paper presented for presentation at University Council of Educational Administration Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, October 2008.
- McClellan, P.A. and Ngunjiri, W.F. (2008). Ubuntu and critical Africana spirituality: Inspiring social justice leadership for community transformation. Paper presented for presentation at American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, New York, March 2008.
- Giles, M., McClellan, P.A., and Witherspoon, N. (2008). African American spirituality, social justice, and educational leadership. Paper presented for presentation at American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting, New York, March 2008.
- McClellan, P. A. (2006). Leading through adversity: A portrait of an urban elementary assistant principal aspiring for the superintendency. Paper presented at University Council of Education Administration Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas, November 11-14, 2006
- Earley. M, McClellan, P. A., & Ngunjiri, F. W. (2006). Using Portraiture as a culturally and contextually relevant research methodology. Paper presented at the Annual International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: May 3-6, 2006.
- McClellan, P.A & Alston, J. A. (2005). Wearing the mantle: Intersecting Critical Race Theory, Servant Leadership, and Spirituality as Black men discuss their leadership journey. Paper presented at University Council for Education Administration Annual Meeting. Nashville, TN: November 10-13, 2005
- Alston, J. A., Lopez, G., Ngunjiri, F. W., & McClellan, P. A. (2005). The temple of the unfamiliar 11: The scholars network in educational administration. Conversation at University Council for Educational Administration Conference Annual Meeting. Nashville, TN: November 10-13, 2005
- Alston, J. A., McClellan, P. A., & Ngunjiri, F. W. (2005). A rose by any other name: Participatory Leadership, Distributed Leadership, Shared Leadership, Democratic Leadership, and Multi-Leadership. Paper presented at National Council of Professors of Educational Administration National Conference. Washington, DC: July 26-29, 2005.
- Heanon Wilkins Faculty Fellowship, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, 2007
- 2010 Central City Urban All American - Diocese of Toledo