Patricia O'Connell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Leadership
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Toledo
- M.B.A., University of Toledo
- B.S., Business Studies, Miami University
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Development
- Organizational Behavior
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Interpersonal Leadership
- Women in Leadership
- Connective and Multicultural Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Adolescent and Adult Development
- Human Development
- Curriculum and Instruction
- International Leadership Association
- Rotary International
- Empowering Women Network
- American Association of University Women
- “Simplified Universal Framework for Lifelong Leadership Development.” Presentation to International Leadership, Learning, & Service Retreat, Perugia, Italy, July, 2012
- “Walking with Francis: Leadership for the 21st Century.” Presentation to AFCU Symposium, La Crosse, Wisconsin, June 2012
- “The KaleadeScape Process: Decision Tools for High Performing Teams.” Presentation to International Leadership Association International Conference, London, England, October, 2011
- “Concepts for a Universal Leadership Development Framework.” Presentation to Franciscan Leadership, Learning and Service Conference, Perugia, Italy, July 2011
- “Toward a Universal Leadership Development Model.” Presentation at Franciscan International Leadership Institute, Perugia, Italy, July, 2011
- ASLI Leadership Institute Course and Project. Developed and delivered one-week international leadership development course in Vesprem, Hungary and Szeged, Hungary, June-July 2011
- "The Significant Other Sides of Baseball: Leadership Development Opportunities for Young Leaders." Presentation to the Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and the American Culture, Cooperstown, NY, June, 2010.
- “Focusing International Experiences on the Care of Creation.” Dariel Jacobs and Patricia O’Connell. Presentation to the Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities Symposium, June 2010.
- "Finding Your Leadership Voice." Seminar presentation given at the The Twenty-Sixth Annual Kansas State University Academic Chairpersons Conference, Orlando, Florida, February, 2009
- "Finding Your Voice as A Woman Entrepreneur." Keynote Presentation to Indianapolis Chapter of Ewomennetwork organization, October, 2008
- "How To Develop and Conduct Collaborative and Constructive Faculty Evaluations and Appraisals." Presentation to be given at the The Twenty-Fifth Annual Kansas State University Academic Chairpersons Conference, Orlando, Florida, 2008
- "A Look Through the Glass Ceiling: Challenges Women Leaders Face." Presentations: Leadership Principles and Practice, Lourdes College, 2008; Annual Research Symposium, Lourdes College, 2008.
- O’Connell, P.K. & Jacobs, D. (2011). Using care of creation principles in workplace interaction: A case study. AFCU Symposium Papers News, 2011. Neumann Institute for Franciscan Studies: Aston, PA.
- Schmakel, P. (2008, November). Early adolescents’ perspectives on instructional practices for motivation and achievement in academic learning. Urban Education Journal.
- Endowed Chair Faculty Designation, Lourdes University
- Ohio Magazine Excellence in Education Award
- Faculty Excellence Award, Lourdes University
- Monsignor Harrington Award/Honorary Diploma, Central Catholic High School
- Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, Supporter of Entrepreneurship Category
- Tribute to Women in Industry Honoree