Philip R. Fink
Professor, College of Business and Leadership
- J.D., Ohio Northern University
- M.B.A., University of Toledo
- B.B.A., University of Toledo
Areas of Expertise
- Investment planning
- Retirement planning
- Estate planning
- “Bear Market Presents Good Opportunity for Making Gifts of Securities,” Practical Tax Strategies, May, 2009.
- “IRA Recharacterizations: The Time Machine of Retirement Planning,” Journal of Retirement Planning, March-April, 2009 (co-authored with Donald Saftner).
- “Series EE Savings Bonds Offer Investors a Variety of Tax Opportunities,” Practical Tax Strategies, September, 2008.
- “Prolonging Distributions From a Traditional IRA May ‘Backfire’ Under Certain Circumstances,” Journal of Retirement Planning, July-August, 2007.
- “Election can Raise Deduction Limit for Investment Interest Expense,” Practical Tax Strategies, March, 2007 (co-authored with Laura J. Kirkendall).
- “Deciding Whether to Select a Spouse or Child as a Designated Beneficiary of Traditional IRA Can Result in an Additional Million Dollars of Distributions, CCH Financial and Estate Planning, December, 2006, This was a reprint of the article that originally appeared in the November-December, 2006 issue of the Journal of Retirement Planning.