College of Education & Human Services: Dean's Scholars Program
A select cohort of 20 new, full-time students – majoring in education or social work – will participate in this competitive program. Scholars will have VIP access to Michael Smith, Ph.D., Dean of the College of Education & Human Services.
- Outings to select venues and/or events under the direction of the dean or chairperson
- Invitations to participate in professional luncheons/forums with faculty and other community leaders
- Opportunity for early advising and registration
- A reference letter from the dean or chairperson for those completing the program with a 3.5 GPA or better
- Priority access to research and scholarship opportunities with faculty
- Receive a complimentary professional membership in your field
- Participate as an Ambassador for the College of Education & Human Services
- Option of being part of a residential learning community in Lourdes Commons where program participants live with other Dean's Scholars
- Priority application for international study abroad opportunities
- Social Work majors receive early interviews with field sites and the Director of Field for placement
- Social Work majors receive special licensure prep workshop with faculty
All Dean's Scholars will be eligible for one of the following scholarships based on their cumulative high school GPA:
- Presidential – a $7,000 per year renewable scholarship
- Dean – a $4,000 per year renewable scholarship
The 20 selected Dean's Scholars must meet all of the following requirements:
- 3.2 or higher GPA
- 22 or higher composite ACT score
- Application with accompanying essay (no longer than 500 words)
Application and Acceptance
Applications to the program must be received by April 1, 2014.
Apply now! Download the form (PDF). Send completed form to Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Lourdes University, 6832 Convent Blvd., Sylvania, OH 43560.
Notification of acceptance will be made by April 30, 2014.