Graduate Certificate Programs
For Educators in Toledo, Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan
Currently accepting applications for Summer and Fall 2013.
The Reading Endorsement Certificate and Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement Certificate programs begin the week of May 20 for students starting in the Summer term.
The Reading Endorsement Certificate, Early Childhood Generalist Endorsement Certificate, and Teacher Leader Endorsement Certificate begin the week of August 26 for students starting in the fall term.
- Includes 3 courses for the Ohio 4-5 Endorsement
- Is designed for teachers with a State of Ohio PreK – 3 Early Childhood Teaching License
- Qualifies teachers who earn a score of 143 on the Praxis II Test in Elementary Education Content to receive an Elementary Generalist Grades 4-5 endorsement
- Is designed for teachers wishing to become an expert in the teaching of reading
- Applies to both classroom and resource settings
- Includes five literacy courses that qualify licensed teachers who pass the Introduction to the Teaching of Reading Praxis II for a State of Ohio Endorsement in Reading
- Includes 100 clinical hours
- Is designed for teachers who have a Master’s in Education degree and at least 4 years of successful teaching experience
- Is ideal for teachers who want to assume more responsibility in their schools
- Provides opportunity to advance in career
- Includes 3 courses (9 semester hours of graduate credit) in teacher leadership, applied assessment, and practicum in applied leadership practices
- Can be completed in 2 semesters
- Qualifies teachers for mentoring and coaching other teachers
- Focuses on providing effective leadership, using data in decision making, facilitating a collaborative learning culture, and promoting ongoing professional learning and improved practice