Master of Education Programs
Special Scholarship Available
Become more skilled and confident in your teaching through the P-12 Reading Endorsement at Lourdes University. The 2015 Summer and Fall Cohorts are now being formed with special scholarships for Lourdes University May graduates, Catholic school teachers, and public and charter school teachers. The application deadline is extended for the $1500-$4000 scholarships. Seats are limited and the new application deadline is May 15, 2015 for the summer semester and July 15, 2015 for the fall semester.
Master of Education Programs
The Lourdes University Master of Education programs will enhance your skills as a teacher and prepare you to accept more responsibility in your school. The master’s degree in education can help you improve your students’ learning experiences, advance in your career, and reach your professional goals.
The Master of Education degree programs
- Emphasize developmentally appropriate teaching practices and learning strategies
- Focus on applying the latest theories of learning, curriculum and instruction
- Promote the Franciscan values of learning, reverence, and service
- Encompass responsive approaches to the social, cultural and legal issues that impact education
- Incorporate the use of current and emerging technologies to support student learning
- Include practice in designing effective assessments and using assessment data to improve learning
- Integrate liberal arts and professional education
- Culminate in a field-based research project
- Promote reflective and efficacious practitioners engaged in their own professional development and personal growth
Master of Education Program Students Choose One of Three Graduate Education Concentrations
- The Educational Leadership major is designed for educators seeking leadership experience and licensure as a principal in Ohio. The program integrates professional experience, clinical practice, and classroom activities; develops knowledge, skills, and attributes relevant to the current dynamic educational environment; and draws on the strengths of professionals at various stages in their careers
- The P–12 Reading major is designed for educators who want to become more expert in the teaching of reading both in classroom and resource settings. Graduates must pass the Ohio Assessments of Educators Reading Subtests I and II (038 and 039) to be eligible for a P–12 Ohio Reading Endorsement. Graduates meet the qualifications of the Ohio Third Grade Reading Guarantee
- The Teaching & Curriculum major is designed to provide K–12 educators in Toledo, Northwest Ohio, and Southeast Michigan the skills and dispositions needed to be successful in constantly changing and ever-diverse environments, such as classrooms, schools, and local communities
Master of Education Programs prepare competent, caring, qualified educators—individuals who make a positive difference in our world.