Barbara Walters, M.Ed.
Department of Education
- Reading Specialist Licensure, University of Findlay
- M.Ed., University of Toledo
- Early Childhood Endorsement, Bowling Green State University
- B.A., Bowling Green State University
Areas of expertise
- Early Childhood Education
- K-12 Reading Instruction
- K-12 Reading Diagnosis
- French, M.P., Walters, B., Scott, R. & Fong, J. (2009). "From Simulations to Computer Games: Enhancing Literacies in the Classroom." International Reading Association, Phoenix, AZ.
- "Embedding Math into the Curriculum: Using Literature for Centers and Transitions." Catholic Diocese Deanery Teachers, Feb. 2009.
- Various workshops/seminars detailing the “Implementation of Scientifically Based Reading Research Strategies” at numerous locations in Toledo, Sylvania, Sandusky and Cleveland, Ohio.
- Helping Children Cope with Grief: Guidance pamphlet for teachers to use in their classrooms. Toledo Public Schools (1985)
Recent awards and/or recognition
- Faculty Advisor, Lourdes College Education Alumni
- Toledo Area Association of Young Children-Teacher of the Year-Award Winner (2007)
- Faculty Excellence Award Nominee-Lourdes College (2006)
- Martha Holden Jennings Scholar (2003)