Joyce P. Litten, Ed. D.
Associate Professor, Department of Social Work
- Ed.D. in Leadership Studies, Bowling Green State University
- M.S.S.A., Case Western Reserve University
- B.A. in Social Work, University of Akron
Areas of Expertise
- Research and Evaluation
- Social Policy
- Social Justice
- Administration and Supervision
- The Council for Social Work Education
- Licensed Independent Social Worker with Supervision Designation, Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Licensure Board
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Association of Christians in Social Work
- Social Welfare and Action Alliance
- Phi Alpha Social Work Honor Society
Recent Awards or Recognition
- 2013-14 Faculty Excellence Award Nominee, Lourdes University
- 2010 Ray of Hope Award, Sylvania Area Family Services
- 2010 Faculty Representative, Franciscan Pilgrimage Program
- 2008-09 Faculty Excellence Award Nominee, Lourdes College
- 2006-07 San Damiano Award for Service Learning, Lourdes College
- 2002-03 Faculty Excellence Award Nominee, Lourdes College
- 2000, 1999 Red Ribbon Award, West Virginia Bureau of Public Health
- 1999 Exemplar Award for Excellence in Social Work Management NASW West Virginia Chapter
- 1997 Crystal Award for Project Excellence, HUD Office of Community Planning and Development
- Litten, J. P. An examination of the convergence of Catholic Social Teachings and social justice within the social work curriculum and within the content of related disciplines (Manuscript).
- Litten, J.P., Vaughan, A.G. & Wildermuth, C. (2011). The engagement and personality of managers and professionals in human services and developmental disability services. Journal of Social Work in Disability & Rehabilitation, 10 (3).
- Litten, J.P. A handbook for preventing homelessness and integrating resources: Developing a homeless prevention program for families. Retrieved December 2009 from http://www.focustoledo.org/PHAIR.htm
- Litten, J.P. A quantitative and qualitative inquiry into the call to serve among nontraditional undergraduate social work students. Dissertation, May 2008.
- French, M. and Litten, J. P. An investigation of seven tutoring sites within an urban setting in NW Ohio: A technical report submitted to the Toledo Community Foundation. April 2007.
- Kujawa, J., Litten, J.P., Perzynski, K., Polcyn, M., Schmakel, P., Schultz, C. & Stockwell, M. (2007). Development of a Faculty Evaluation Process in the Franciscan Tradition. The AFCU Journal: A Franciscan Perspective on Higher Education.
- Litten, J.P. Moving beyond diversity awareness to cultural competence. American Society for Training & Development. April 2005.
- Litten, J.P. ,et al. (Acknowledged Contributors) Rural AIDS Housing: Issues and Opportunities. AIDS Housing of Washington, 1998.