Terry M. Keller, M.B.A.
Assistant Professor and Chair, Department of Social Work
- M.B.A., Webster University
- M.S.W., St. Louis University
- B.A., Aquinas College
Areas of Expertise
- Theories of Groups, Organizations, and Communities
- Social Work Perspectives in Human Development
- Clinical Assessment and Diagnosis
- Educational Psychology
- Introduction to Social Work
- Interpersonal Communication
- Motivation and Emotion
- Research and Design
- Social Psychology
- Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Communication
- Sports Psychology
- Public Speaking
- Introduction to Dream Analysis
- Academy of Certified Social Workers (A.C.S.W.)
- Licensed Masters Social Worker
- Michigan Association of Infant Mental Health
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Psychological Association
Recent Awards or Recognition
- Grand Rapids Hometown Champion--- City of Grand Rapids Convention Bureau
- Extra Mile Award—Aquinas College
- Outstanding Michigan New Professional Award Nominee—Great Lakes Association of College and University Housing Officers
- Leonard, K. & Keller, T. (March, 2009). Stress in Correlation with Emotional Attachment to Parents: An Exploratory Study of Undergraduates. GLACUHO Trends.
- Keller T., Ramisch J. & Carolan M. (August, 2014). Relationships of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their Fathers.
- Keller, T. (2011, May). Fathers of Infants and Toddlers in the Attachment Relationship. Poster presentation at the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.
- Keller, T. (2011, April). Find it and Try it! Presented Keynote at Hopkins Schools Career Fair, Hopkins, Michigan.
- Keller, T. (2010, March). Bullying. Presented at Aquinas College Education Department Student Teacher Workshop, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Keller, T. & Kicinski, L. (2010, March). The Unwritten Rules: What are they and how clear are they? Presented at Michigan Small Schools Resident Assistant Conference, Caledonia, Michigan.
- Keller, T. (2009, October). Bullying. Presented at Aquinas College Education Department Student Teacher Workshop, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Keller, T. (2009, October). The Toxicity of Touch: A Brief Overview of Scientific Parenting and John Watson. Presented at Aquinas College Psychology Club Event, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Keller, T. (2009, April). Problem Solving: What's major? What's minor? Presented at Access Leadership Conference, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Matzke, M. & Keller, T. (2009, March). The Unwritten Rules: What are they and how clear are they? Presented at Michigan Small Schools Resident Assistant Conference, Owosso, Michigan.
Service to the Community and the College
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Baseball Coach
- Acadia National Park Volunteer
- Semester in Ireland