Master of Science in Nursing
Currently accepting applications from qualified candidates.
- Please see individual concentrations for admission criteria and application deadlines.
Our MSN meets the needs of nurses who are seeking advanced positions in anesthesia, teaching, and leadership. Our excellent program and dedicated faculty and staff are here to support you on the rewarding journey to earn your MSN.
- Small classes that promote personalized instruction
- Learn alongside your peers in a cohort model
- Admission processes for BSN-prepared and RNs with other baccalaureate degrees available
- Admission processes for the ADN or Diploma nurse (RN to MSN)
- All options are approved by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Additionally, the Nurse Anesthesia option is approved by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- All concentrations are financial aid eligible and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Lourdes alumni are eligible for the $25 per credit hour alumni discount
The MSN builds upon a baccalaureate education to prepare graduates for advanced nursing roles by promoting the development of educational and nursing leadership knowledge, concepts, and skills.
Emphasis is placed on nursing theory, research, and practice that is consistent with national standards in nursing education. We facilitate personal and professional development in an environment that reflects Lourdes' Franciscan values and encourages lifelong learning.
Our nursing concentrations at the masters level include core content in nursing theory, trends in nursing, nursing research, statistics, health care policy, role development, ethics, diversity, and nursing informatics. All practicum and clinical experiences are under the guidance of our graduate faculty with highly qualified preceptors in their area of expertise.
- Nurse Anesthesia Concentration
Graduates of the MSN: NAP are prepared to fulfill the requirements to sit for the National Certification Examination (NCE). Please visit the Nurse Anesthesia page for program details, admission criteria, and application deadline.
- Nurse Educator Concentration
Graduates of the Nurse Educator concentration are prepared to function as generalists to teach in a variety of educational roles in nursing practice, including undergraduate nursing education programs and staff development programs. Students completing this concentration are eligible to sit for the Certified Nurse Educator (C.N.E.) exam after meeting the required practice hours. Please visit the Nurse Educator page for program details, admission criteria, and application deadline.
- Nurse Leader Concentration
Graduates of the Nurse Leader concentration are prepared to function in advanced leadership roles in a variety of health care settings. Students completing this concentration are eligible to sit for the Nurse Executive certification after completing the required practice hours. Please visit the Nurse Leader page for program details, admission criteria, and application deadline.
- RN to MSN Concentration is available for those registered nurses with an associate degree or a diploma in Nursing.
- Graduate Nursing Certificates (MSN Nurse Leader Certificate, MSN Nurse Educator Certificate, Graduate Nurse Anesthestist Certificate) are also program options under the MSN umbrella. Please visit the Graduate Certificate page for program details, admission criteria, and application deadline.