Mary Anne Kubat, M.S.N., R.N.
Associate Chair, Undergraduate Clinical Education, College of Nursing
"I have been teaching Nursing for 40 years and believe that excellence in nursing reaches more patients and families through the students educated by nurses dedicated to encouraging students to grow in life-long learning."
- M.S.N., University of Phoenix
- B.S.N., Saint John College of Cleveland, Ohio
Areas of Expertise
- Mental health nursing
- Basic nursing skills
- Community nursing
- Intro to Professional Nursing
- Clinical Simulation: Transitioning Beginning Students from Skill Focus to Critical Thinking Part II, peer-reviewed presentation, Ohio Consortium of Nursing Learning Lab Conference, Lorain County Community College. April 24, 2009.
- Guest lecture: Communication and Motivation, NUR 611 Leadership and Organizational Behavior MSN Program, Lourdes College, Sylvania, OH. September 10, 2008.
- Clinical Simulation: Transitioning Beginning Students from Skill Focus to Critical Thinking. Peer reviewed presentation at the National League for Nursing Summit in San Antonio, TX. September 2008.
- Guest Lecture: Clinical Education Evaluation, NUR 645 Assessment and Evaluation in Healthcare Education, MSN Program, Lourdes College, Sylvania, OH. April 10, 2008.
- A Shared Clinical Experience: Clinical Strategies to Maximize Available Specialty Sites, peer-reviewed poster presentation, National League for Nursing Education Summit, Phoenix, AZ. September 2007.
- Initiated, developed, and presented an Orientation Program for Adjuncts in the Lourdes College Department of Nursing Lourdes College, Sylvania, Ohio. January 2007.
- Collaboration of Nursing Faculty and College Administration in Creating Organizational Change Accepted for publication, Nursing Education Perspectives, February, 2009
- Nurses Alumni of Providence Hospital/ FRMC, Member
- Toledo Area Organization of Nurse Executives, Member
- National League for Nursing, Member
- Sigma Theta Tau, Member
- Kappa Gamma Pi