Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students
Lourdes University Graduate School actively seeks a rich pool of applicants from around the globe. International students must complete these requirements if seeking admission to the Graduate School:
- Hold a college or university degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree.
- Complete the admission process for regular admission to a graduate program, as stated in the current University Catalog.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. If transcripts are from an institution or institutions outside the U.S., then official copies should also be sent to World Education Services (www.wes.org) for an international academic credential evaluation and translation at the expense of the student. The official WES report should be sent directly to Lourdes University Graduate School.
- Provide proof of English language proficiency by completing the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of 173+ on the computer version or 500+ on the paper version, or a cumulative score of 61+ on the TOEFL IBT (Internet-based test) or a 6.0+ on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
International applicants who meet one or more of the following conditions are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS requirement:
- Education is from an English secondary or postsecondary institution in the following countries: Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, the British Caribbean and British West Indies, Canada (not Quebec), Cook Islands, Dominica, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Granada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritius, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Niue, Northern Mariannas, Papua-New Guinea, St. Christopher Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Seychelies, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Swazi-land, Trinidad & Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom and the United States, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Graduated from a secondary school in the United States.
- Completed 24 semester hours of college-level coursework from an accredited college/university in the United States with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75. Must provide official transcript.
- Achieved ESL certification at or above the advanced level at a regionally accredited university/college in the United States. Student must provide a copy of the ESL certification.
- Financial requirements
A bank statement showing at least an academic year's cost, two (2) semesters of tuition to cover costs for books, food, housing, tuition, and transportation.
- Provide proof of healthcare insurance; a copy of the applicant's passport; a copy of the applicant's I-94 (if applicable)
- If you are transferring to Lourdes University from another US Institution, in addition to the previously mentioned forms, you must also submit a SEVIS Transfer Release Form. If you would like more information about SEVIS or the fees involved consult our SEVIS Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
- After we receive the above items, we will process your application and an admission decision will be made as soon as possible. Once you have accepted our offer of admission, you will be sent an I-20 form. If you do not have a visa you must take this form to the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive your visa, you can enter the USA 30 days before classes start. Upon arrival you will be issued an I-94 card which will be presented to your Admissions Adviser.
For International Admission questions, please contact Tara Hanna, Director of Graduate Admissions, PDSO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.