Lourdes University Honors Program
A select group of new full-time freshmen will be admitted annually into the prestigious Lourdes University Honors Program. The Honors Program at Lourdes University will provide these motivated and talented students a superior Franciscan education that is intellectually rewarding, rigorous, vibrant, interdisciplinary and research-oriented. The program aims to provide vibrant scholarly and cultural opportunities to help students become dynamic leaders and passionately engaged global citizens. As a result, these high achieving students enhance their creative thinking and critical inquiry skills and are academically prepared to pursue graduate studies or their chosen career path.
The Honors Program features:
- Priority registration with the faculty advisor and Honors Program director
- Honors course sections with a rich interactive environment, deigned and delivered specifically for honors students to develop a culture of inquiry
- Guaranteed placement in honors general education courses in English, history, philosophy and theology, which count toward graduation requirements
- Placement in the honors level First Year Experience (FYE) course
- Membership in an honors level Lourdes living learning community in Lourdes Commons
- Eligibility to participate in an honors level service learning experience as well as cultural events and immersion experiences
- Opportunity to enroll in upper level honors integrated courses
- Research-based Honors capstone project with participation in the Lourdes University Research & Scholarship Symposium
- Honors recognition on diploma with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and the completion of 30 credit hours of honors courses
Scholarship and Awards
Upon acceptance into the Honors Program, students will receive an annual $1,000 Honors Scholarship. Honors Program students are also eligible to receive an annual $1,000 Honors Housing Award if they live on-campus in Honors housing and an additional $1,000 Scholars Housing Award if they live on-campus and participate in the Dean’s Scholars Program.
Learn how to apply