Honors Program First-Year Admissions Eligibility
Incoming freshmen are eligible to apply if they meet two of the following three criteria:
- Recommended ACT 25 composite score
- Recommended SAT 1200 composite score
- High School 3.5 GPA
Prospective students must:
- Complete the Honors Program Application Form and Honors Application Essay
- Submit two letters of recommendation from high school teachers or other qualified representatives
- Engage in an application interview with members of the Honors Council
The final application date for the Honors Program for Fall 2014 first-year admission is May 30, 2014 at midnight Eastern Time.
The Honors Program has a $30 application fee. If a student has a fee waiver for the Lourdes application, the fee will be waived automatically for the Honors Program application.
Students typically apply during the spring semester and the Honors Council reviews applications in late spring and/or early summer. Successful spring applicants become members of the Honors Program in the fall semester.
Honors Diploma General Requirements
The Honors Program will accept a maximum of 30 applicants annually from the freshman class who meet the admissions requirements.
Honors students will be required to complete:
- Honors Program Orientation
- 30 hours of Honors credit (as recommended by the National Collegiate Honors Council)
- One leadership and/or civic engagement experience per academic year
- A scholarly senior thesis under the direction of a full-time faculty member in the student's major area of study
The Honors Council will determine the specific policies and guidelines for these Honors diploma requirements.