Honors Program First-Year Admissions Eligibility
Incoming freshmen are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Minimum composite scores of 24 ACT or 1100 SAT
- Recommended High School GPA of 3.5 or higher or demonstrated excellence
Prospective students must:
- Complete the Honors Program Application Form and Honors Application Essay
- Submit two letters of recommendation from high school teachers or other qualified representatives
- Engage in an application interview with members of the Honors Council
For best consideration, please apply for the Honors Program for Fall 2015 first-year admission by March 2, 2015.
Students typically apply during the spring semester and the Honors Council reviews applications in late spring and/or early summer. Successful spring applicants become members of the Honors Program in the fall semester.
Honors Diploma General Requirements
The Honors Program will accept a maximum of 30 applicants annually from the freshman class who meet the admissions requirements.
Honors students will be required to complete:
- Honors Program Orientation
- 30 hours of Honors credit (as recommended by the National Collegiate Honors Council)
- One leadership and/or civic engagement experience per academic year
- A scholarly senior thesis under the direction of a full-time faculty member in the student's major area of study
The Honors Council will determine the specific policies and guidelines for these Honors diploma requirements.