Our goal is to make your academic experience one that is filled with new and varied opportunities leading to positive growth and development. In addition, we would like to provide you with the support and services you need to make your year successful! The following pages will provide you with necessary and useful information regarding the TRiO program and your participation.
Summary of a TRiO Participant
You are a TRiO participant once you have met with the director and have been accepted to work towards membership.
Definition of TRiO Membership
You will be considered a TRiO member once you have completed the checklist and have participated in three additional TRiO services or have attended three scheduled activities or events.
TRiO Member Checklist
Welcome to TRiO! We are happy you chose to join us! As a participant of TRiO, it is important for you to complete the items on this checklist within the first six weeks of the new academic year. Because we have a long waiting list of people who want to become members, failure to complete this list may result in your removal from the program. In addition, you are asked to become a member by attending and participating in three additional activities, events, or services. It is that simple!
- Complete the Needs Assessment Interview and develop an Individual Success Plan with Kathy Daley.
- Complete the Learning and Study Strategies Inventory (LASSI) with Kathy Daley.
- Freshman students must complete the College Student Inventory & the Self-Directed Search with Kathy Daley.
- Complete the Technology Skills Assessment with Christine Miller.
- Complete the financial literacy program, CashCourse
- If you have a disability, register with the Director of Accessibility, Dr. Kim Grieve. Documentation must be provided. This is a confidential service that is both helpful and positive for students with disabilities.