College is about more than conventional classroom learning. It is about creating experiences that will help you grow as a person. Make a college bucket list here at Lourdes to make sure you get the most out of your college experience. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Study in the Glass Tower (pictured above): Lourdes University’s iconic glass tower is a great place to study and relax, read a book or hang out with friends.
- Attend an athletic event: Cheer on our 13 gray wolf athletic teams! Don’t forget to “hashtag” #graywolfnation
- Join or start a student organization: LU has more than 30 student organizations that you can get involved in. If you don’t see one that you are interested in, start your own. It is a great resume builder!
- Play a round of disc golf: Take a run at our 18-hole disc golf course. Disc golf not your cup of tea? The office of recreation has plenty of activities from Intermural Sand Volleyball to Zumba and Yoga Classes.
- Cook an authentic meal in your residence hall: Take a break from “Easy Mac” & Ramen Noodles. At LU, your apartment style residence halls have a full kitchen. Try your luck at making Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings!
- Grab lunch at Chandler Café in Downtown Sylvania: Just a block away from campus is Downtown Sylvania. Chandler Café serves the finest sandwiches, salads, pastries, and of course coffee. Take advantage of their complimentary Wi-Fi!
- See a show in the Appold Planetarium: Lourdes University houses the oldest planetarium in N.W. Ohio. Go see a show on a Friday or Saturday night! Tickets are only $4 for students.
- Attend an event at the Franciscan Center Theatre: Lourdes University has an 850 seat state-of-the-art theatre. Watch LU’s Drama Society, Choirs, or world renown Toledo Symphony perform in the Franciscan Center theatre and conference center.
- Attend a L.E.A.P event: Do you like going to Cedar Point or maybe a Macklemore concert? L.E.A.P. (Lourdes Events and Activities Planning) is a student group that focuses on planning, coordinating, and promoting student activities on campus.
- Study abroad: Do you want to want to earn college credit to study in Tullycross, Ireland? Lourdes faculty provides opportunities for our students to study abroad in Ireland, Italy, Africa, and many other places. You may pick up Irish dancing while you are there...
Justin is an Admissions Coordinator at Lourdes University