At Lourdes University, we consider much more than a prospective student’s GPA and test scores. Our thorough review process, based on a broad range of criteria, emphasizes student talent both inside and outside the classroom. A successful Lourdes student exemplifies a strong sense of our Catholic and Franciscan values of community, learning, reverence and service to others.
To complete your undergraduate application, you will need to submit the following supplemental items:
- High School Transcripts
- Test scores from either the SAT or ACT
Please write a short, personal statement of between 250 and 500 words on one of the following topics:
- Describe a time when you overcame obstacles in order to succeed and how you believe this experience relates to your potential for success at Lourdes University.
- Describe your high school experience (or previous college experience if you are applying as a transfer student) and how it has prepared you for success at Lourdes University.
- Apart from grades and test scores, what are the most important things about your personal story that the admissions committee needs to know in order to evaluate your potential for success at Lourdes University?
- Why do you think Lourdes University is a good fit for your college education, and why do you believe you will be successful at Lourdes?
Direct From High School
For direct from high school freshmen, the following high school curriculum is recommended:
- English: Minimum of four units
- Math (college preparatory): Minimum of three units
- Science (with labs preferred): Minimum of two units
- Social Studies: Minimum of two units
- Academic Electives: Minimum of three units
Apply Now Contact Us