High School Guidance Counselors
- We are a community of learning. In the Franciscan tradition the love of learning stems from a desire to grow in our understanding of God, of creation, and of each other. The quest for truth, understanding, and excellence in academic disciplines allows for growth and transformation to take place both in ourselves and in the world around us.
- We are a community of reverence. Reverence recognizes and respects the dignity and worth of each human person and all creation. Reverence takes us beyond tolerance and calls us to treasure the diversity of the human family with its various races, cultures and traditions.
- We are a community of service. The Franciscan tradition is intimately tied to service. The members of the Lourdes community challenge one another to cultivate a spirit of gratitude, to be mindful of those who feel unconnected and who are in need, and to develop and share our gifts with the broader community.
- Lourdes offers a quality, affordable and personalized education where there are no large lecture halls and courses are taught by faculty who know you by name.
- Lourdes offers a private university experience at the cost of a public university. You won’t find any teaching assistants at Lourdes! Lourdes also applies previously taken PSEO college credit toward graduation thereby saving the student money.
- Classes are offered one day a week to fit into the student’s busy life. Lourdes also offers accelerated courses, so completing a degree can happen quickly, setting students on their career path sooner.
- Lourdes blends theory and practice through coursework and service learning that prepares students for the future. Faculty and staff also help students identify internship possibilities that have the potential to turn into jobs after graduation.
Lourdes is committed to the success of our students. We know an education is one of the most important investments a student will ever make. To help honor a student's academic achievement and pay for their education, Lourdes offers a wide variety of financial aid programs including the following Scholarships.
Scholarships available to Sylvania campus students who will be attending college for the first time and meet the required official high school graduation grade point average include:
- Presidential Leaders Scholarship. This prestigious award includes $5,000 renewable for 4 years, a laptop and engagement in the Honors Learning Community meeting with Dr. Robert Helmer, President of Lourdes. For fulltime students with a high school grade point average of at least 3.5.
- Deans’ Scholarship. Fulltime students with a high school grade point average of 3.0-3.49 if seeking a Bachelor degree or 3.0-4.0 for students seeking an Associate degree can receive $2,500 per year, renewable up to 4 years.
- Faculty Scholarship. Full-time students with a high school grade point average of 2.75-2.99 can receive $1,500 per year, renewable up to 4 years.
Awards without grade point average requirements include:
- Lourdes Community Awards are available for students who choose to attend part-time. These guaranteed grants of $1,000 are non-renewable.
Lourdes was named one of the Best Colleges in the United States for the fifth consecutive year by The Princeton Review.
Nationally known for its test preparation and admissions services, The Princeton Review evaluates over 2,000 colleges and universities each year, making selections for its list based on criteria of academic excellence and feedback from current students, parents and guardians, staff members and educators.
In excerpts from surveys published at Princetonreview.com, Lourdes students cited Lourdes' focus on academics, flexibility of course schedules and the beauty of the campus itself, among the reasons they made it one of the best colleges.
Lourdes is excited to participate in the Post Secondary Enrollment Options program in Ohio. High school students who attend Lourdes are not only a part of the Lourdes Community; they can still participate in their high school activities. A benefit for a high school student to attend Lourdes is our unique course schedule. Lourdes courses are offered only one-day a week either during the day or in the evening students can strike a balance between their college and high school work.
Vist the Post-Secondary Options page to see which of your students qualify.