Become a Mentor
You have the opportunity to give back to Lourdes’ students by becoming a mentor. Through College Central Network, you have the ability to create a mentor profile. Please be as complete as possible when posting your profile. Students are able to search for mentors based on specific criteria so your complete profile is important. The information you provide in your profile and through mentoring is very valuable to students as they develop their career goals. Of particular importance is the Career Development Questionnaire.
Registering a mentoring profile is easy and you are encouraged to access your profile frequently to update it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to: http://www.collegecentral.com/Lourdes.
- Click on the icon labeled Alumni.
- In the middle of the page, choose the link for Mentoring Network. Be sure to note our General and Special Event/Program announcements at the bottom of the page to stay informed of our many programs!
- Click on the link for Join Our Mentoring Network.
- Access is password protected. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the password (please put Mentoring Password in the subject line).
- Click on the link for Add My Mentoring Profile.
- Complete the profile form.
- Be sure to make a record of the Mentoring Network Password and the personal Access ID and Password you create for yourself. You will need these for return visits.
- After you have posted a profile, you may access it in the future by choosing the Update Your Mentoring Profile link.
We value your privacy! Please note that your address, phone number and e-mail address will not appear on your profile, but are required so that you can be contacted by your school. Also, in the Contact Preference section, you may elect whether or not you would like to receive email communications from students. This e-mail address will not appear on your profile. It will only be visible to your career center. Students and alumni will be able to send messages to you without knowing your e-mail address unless you prefer not to be contacted. You may change this preference at any time.
The school will review profiles before making them live to students.
Please note that as an alumnus of Lourdes, you also have access to all the job seeking opportunities that College Central Network has to offer. All you have to do is register at Alumni Central. If you are already registered as a former or current job seeking alumnus at Alumni Central, you can access the Mentoring Network through this avenue.