Budget Committee for Student Organizations (BCSO)
Rules and Regulations for Supplemental Funding
- To be eligible for funds, student organizations must have current roster on file with the Student Activities Office.
- Student organization applications can be found on the Student Organizations section of the Lourdes homepage. Applications may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off to Beth Radecki.
- A representative from the organization must attend the next BCSO meeting to answer any questions regarding the Funding Request. Advisors are also encouraged to attend.
- The BCSO will make a decision within 7 days after the aforementioned meeting. All organizations will be notified of the BCSO’s decision via the organization's e-mail address.
- For approved requests:
- Funds will be transferred to the organization’s account within 72 business hours. (Note: these funds are NOT transferrable to any other account or organization.)
- Copies of all receipts are required to be returned to the SGA Treasurer within one week of the completion of your event. ANY UNUSED FUNDS MUST ALSO BE RETURNED AT THIS TIME.
- For denied requests:
- Each organization has the right to appeal the Board’s decision. The appeal must be in writing and submitted to the BCSO within 5 business days of the original denial. The appeal will be reviewed by the Assistant Dean of Student Life.
Please Note: There are two funding budgets available for student organizations, a conference fund and an event fund. The amount of funding awarded depends on the money that is allocated into each budget.
- Event Funding: An event is defined as a planned social gathering that is open to all undergraduate or graduate students at Lourdes University. Every student must have the option to attend the event.This funding is meant to assist student organizations with hosting events, sponsoring special programs, or offering other activities that benefit members of the organization and the student body as a whole. (It is not intended to cover expenses of the organizations routine activities. All organizations are encouraged to pursue other means of fundraising to cover these expenses.)
- Conference Funding: A conference is defined as a meeting, or series of meetings, that typically consists of presenters who speak on a specific topic to expand the knowledge base of a particular subject for those in attendance.
For more information about supplemental funding, please contact email@example.com.