Lourdes Arab American Student Association (LAASA)
The Lourdes Arab American Student Association (LAASA) is an organization aiming to unite and serve the community on campus while educating about the Arabic culture and the different religions of Arabia. Our intention is to educate people on the importance of the Arabic culture and its beauty throughout the world. LAASA is committed to increasing the public awareness about Arabic issues and concerns. Our goal is to create and maintain an Arabic environment for the benefit of Arab students and non-Arab interested members of the community. We aim to promote an understanding of the Arab history, culture, and heritage at Lourdes.
Purpose & Goals
- Unite and serve the community on campus
- Educate the general student, faculty, and staff body about the Arabic culture
- Promote Arabic culture and heritage and increasing public awareness about the Arabic community
- Embrace the diversity of the campus and maintain cultural identity
- Maintain an active, aware, and diverse community
- Ali H. ElMokdad, President
- Natalie Darah, Vice President
- Hamam Alkhatib, Executive Coordinator
- Alexandria ElMokdad, Secretary
- Samah Howard, Public Relations
If you are interested in joining this organization, please contact the group at email@example.com.
Advisor: Therese Hoffman, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org