Social Science Club
The Lourdes University Social Science Club presents "Consumed: Inside the Belly of the Beast"
A Coffee and Documentaries Series Installment
Wednesday, Nov. 20 from 7-9 p.m. in St. Francis Hall lower level
Coffee and snacks provided
This event is free and open to the public
(Film 7:00 p.m.; Discussion 8:00 p.m.)
Consumerism has become the cornerstone of the post-industrial age. Yet how much do we know about it and what it is doing to us? Using theories of evolutionary psychology to underpin a bold narrative of our times, this film takes a whirlwind tour through the "weird mental illness of consumerism," showing how our insatiable appetite has driven us into "the jaws of the beast". Both an apocalyptic and redemptive view of the human condition.
For more information on this event, contact Advisor Dr. Pat Bellomo at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can learn more about the documentary.
- Educational and Further Development: To promote and supplement the Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology programs through seminars, workshops, public speakers, and field experience
- Fundraising: To raise funds for the undertakings of the club’s expenses by sponsoring students to attend conferences and help pay for public speakers
- Social: To promote and develop cohesiveness outside the academic setting
- Charitable: To volunteer our time to community service at organizations such as Family Connections
- Membership is open to any Lourdes student.
- Active members are those who attend a minimum of two meetings a semester and agree to participate in one activity a semester
- There will be no discrimination because of race, creed, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or marital status.
Interested in Becoming an Officer?
For more information contact advisor Pat Bellomo, at email@example.com, advisor Larry Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com