Last fall, Lourdes University announced its first ever endowed chair. Sponsored by The Sisters of St. Francis, the $500,000 Endowed Chair in Franciscan Integration aimed to strengthen and grow the institution’s Franciscan heritage and values. This winter, Lourdes will add a second endowed chair program to its growing list – The Joseph M. Magliochetti Endowed Chair of Business & Finance.
“As Lourdes continues to grow, so too must our academics,” expresses Keith Schlender, PhD, Provost. “Establishing endowed chairs assists Lourdes in attracting and retaining exceptional scholars, and also provides the institution with a means of honoring current faculty members for their past and future work.” Named in honor of the late Joseph M. Magliochetti, former President and CEO of Dana Corporation, the $500,000 Endowed Chair of Business & Finance will be used to provide the following transformational opportunities:
- The appointment of a Professor of Finance with the highest level of credentials, experience, and proven track record for delivering outstanding instruction and who would provide faculty leadership in teaching and research related to finance and financial issues.
- The creation of a new cutting-edge Finance major that would open new career opportunities for Lourdes’ business students.
- A media display on campus noting real-time movements in the stock market.
- The pursuit of corporate funding for trading room technology to provide students with the latest real-world learning experiences related to finance.
- The creation of the annual Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit, inviting guest speakers on financial issues of interest to our students and the broader community.
Lourdes will host the inaugural Joseph M. Magliochetti Leadership Summit at the Toledo Club on April 11 at 11:30 a.m. Speakers will include members of the Anderson and Sauder families. “September will mark the 10th anniversary of Joe’s death,” offers his loving wife Kathleen. “Our family has chosen to honor Joe, his life and his legacy, by establishing the Joseph M. Magliochetti Endowed Chair in Business & Finance at Lourdes University. Lourdes is an outstanding institution whose values and teaching philosophy reflect the honor and integrity with which Joe lived his life.”