Lourdes University offers a challenging, flexible, and fulfilling work environment, driven by the institution’s mission to provide job opportunities for intellectual discovery for our students. We offer numerous benefits, as well as many opportunities for personal and professional enrichment — and our employees value the sense of family they gain from working in a small, caring community. Our campus is situated on 127 beautiful wooded acres in Sylvania, Ohio (10 miles west of Toledo).
Please review available job opportunities below.
College of Nursing Faculty
Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month, faculty position beginning with spring term 2017 in the School of Nursing.
Teaching responsibilities include 12 credit hours per semester (fall & spring) in the BSN program. Area of specialization in Medical Surgical Nursing is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively engages students in learning experience.
- Teach in both didactic and clinical settings.
- Participates in evaluation, revision and development of courses.
- Participates and provides leadership in both college and department level committees.
- Participates in scholarly activities.
- Maintains competence in nursing area of specialization.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Doctorate degree in nursing preferred. Masters required with a BSN or MSN if doctorate degree is not in nursing
- Experience as an educator; in an academic setting preferred.
- Current, valid RN license to practice in Ohio or the ability to obtain an Ohio license if licensed in another state.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Certification in specialty area preferred.
Academic rank will be determined based on overall qualifications of the selected candidate.
To apply, send a letter of application, CV and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Nursing Department Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants
Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants for the 2017 Spring Semester in the College of Nursing.
These temporary positions will assist and work under the direction of faculty to provide instruction in a classroom, laboratory or clinical setting. The area of specialization desired is Medical/Surgical.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred. BSN degree required.
- Experience as an educator in an academic setting preferred.
- Current, valid RN license to practice in Ohio.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a registered Medical/Surgical nurse.
To apply, send letter of application, CV and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word format only) to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Adjunct Instructor – Integrated Science
Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Chemistry and Physical Science. A lecture instructor is needed beginning January 2016 to teach an integrated science course for Education majors in Sylvania and in Tiffin. Successful applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and possess at least a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in chemistry, biology, or physical science with some experience teaching K-8. Applicants with a Master’s degree in Education must demonstrate a strong foundation in the sciences.
To apply, send cover letter, vitae and three letters of reference (all in MS Word format only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upward Bound Math and Science Tutors
The Lourdes University Upward Bound Program (UB) invites applicants for Math and Science after-school tutoring positions in its Academic Year Program. Tutors will be expected to work at one of two school sites, three days a week (Woodward- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and Waite-Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Anticipated hiring salary is $15-$18 (hourly).
- Facilitate active tutoring sessions which include, but are not limited to: asking questions, drawing diagrams, creating flash cards, developing outlines and encouraging reading.
- Help students with problems they are having in specified academic area(s).
- Grade and evaluate student work.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience in teaching and advising students from diverse, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to email@example.com (all in MS Word format only) (Certified teachers need to submit a copy of their teaching certificate).
Vocal Music Director
Lourdes University, a private institution located in Sylvania, Ohio offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis, is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial Vocal Music Director to develop various choral groups on the University campus. The successful candidate will have direct recruiting and enrollment responsibilities. This position is flexible in either part time or full time status. This position will report to Enrollment Management and Student Life staff.
The ideal candidate should have experience conducting choral ensembles at the high school or collegiate level and an ability to recruit and maintain a quality college-level program. A bachelor’s degree is required, masters preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Completed applications should include a cover letter and current resume that includes names and contact information for at least three professional references.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary requirement and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development / Communications Assistant
The Development / Communications Assistant is a full-time position responsible for supporting the mission of the Sylvania Franciscans.
The Development Assistant supports the Director of Advancement by maintaining the database using Raiser’s Edge, assuming the daily tasks in the absence of the Director and participating in all fund raising programs and events.
The candidate will also be responsible for promoting the mission and the public image of the Sylvania Franciscans through our website as well as social media channels utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Google, and YouTube.
Promote the values of the Sylvania Franciscans (SOSF) by demonstrating behaviors that show a commitment to the values of the Congregation- conversion, contemplation, poverty and minority. Additional skills include respect, involvement, teamwork, effective and open communication, ability to adhere to policies and procedures as well as exhibit a professional attitude in attire, workspace and interpersonal communications.
- Assist the Director with planning, organizing and overseeing programs associated with the Advancement Office.
- Manage the Raiser’s Edge program (updating information and gift entries), process donations and acknowledge gifts of donors, sponsors and in-kind donors.
- Work with the Director on the segmentation of the data base for direct mail programs.
- Prepare financial reports for the Director as requested; be responsible for reconciliation with the Finance Office to ensure that donations are properly reflected and processed.
- Assist in production of fund development e-newsletter for donor constituents.
- Write and edit copy, make and edit changes for the Sylvania Franciscan website using the WordPress platform.
- Coordinate Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Blog, others).
- Assist in designing, proofing, producing and mailing flyers, newsletters and monthly mailings.
- Collect corrections, input and prep file for annual Sisters and Associates Directory.
- Strong oral, written communication and organizational skills that result in ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office and WordPress.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher, or In-Design software a plus.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact for e-newsletters.
- Team member and proactive on projects.
- Must be self-initiating, working well with team or/or either alone.
- Knowledge of fundraising information resources
- Experience writing letters of inquiry, concept proposals and similar documents.
- Basic resource development techniques and strategies
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment
- Possess a degree in business or communications and / or a minimum of five years in development, proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this positon, send cover letter, resume and references to the Sisters of St. Francis, to the attention of Eileen Kerner at email@example.com. This posting closes December 9, 2016.
No current positions