Lourdes University offers a challenging, flexible, and fulfilling work environment, driven by the institution’s mission to provide job opportunities for intellectual discovery for our students. We offer numerous benefits, as well as many opportunities for personal and professional enrichment — and our employees value the sense of family they gain from working in a small, caring community. Our campus is situated on 127 beautiful wooded acres in Sylvania, Ohio (10 miles west of Toledo).
Please review available job opportunities below.
Associate Chair of Undergraduate Clinical Education
The Associate Chair of Undergraduate Clinical Education is a member of the Lourdes University College of Nursing faculty who is responsible for coordinating and supervising undergraduate clinical resources and lab course requirements and resources. This position also manages learning resources such as clinical experiences at cooperating agencies. This is a full-time, 12 month position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Program Leadership
- Serves on and provides oversight of a designated college committee.
- Oversees the evaluation of clinical and lab courses and facilities.
- Utilizes feedback from student evaluation of clinical course instruction for program planning and improvement.
- Collaborates with the Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Studies and the MSN Director when planning for equipment acquisitions related to program needs.
- Collaborates with the Chair of the Undergraduate Nursing Studies in preparing the schedule of classes, clinical rotations, and the assignment of teaching responsibilities in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Shares responsibility with the semester coordinator and the Chair of Undergraduate Studies in the selection, orientation, and evaluation of clinical adjunct faculty teaching in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Assumes responsibility for the resolution of student and faculty issues related to lab and clinical courses in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Assures that University and College of Nursing accreditation and licensure standards are maintained with all curricular changes associated with lab and clinical courses in the undergraduate nursing program.
- Coordinates all undergraduate contracts between the College of Nursing and external agencies
- Negotiates clinical placements and scheduling for the BSN Program and reports to the Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Studies all clinical negotiations.
- Assists the Dean of the College of Nursing and the Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Studies in the preparation of reports for external agencies as they relate to lab and clinical courses.
- Assists the Dean of the College of Nursing with the preparation and supervision of the College of Nursing budget as related to the Learning Lab and clinical rotations.
- Confers with area practice partners and employers to assure that clinical education components are adequately preparing Lourdes University College of Nursing graduates.
- Serves on the Undergraduate Nursing Advisory Board.
Fulfillment of Role of Faculty
- Engages in teaching, scholarship, and service appropriate to rank.
- Teaches one 3 credit hour course per semester.
- Engages in one’s own professional development.
- Carries out assignments and other responsibilities assigned by the Dean, Provost or Chair of Undergraduate Nursing Studies.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Current and valid RN license to practice in Ohio.
- Experience of at least five years in the practice of nursing as an RN, two of which have been as a faculty member in a baccalaureate nursing program.
- Current knowledge and experience in a nursing learning laboratory and nursing clinical education.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references (in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Adjunct Instructor – Integrated Science
Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Chemistry and Physical Science. A lecture instructor is needed beginning January 2016 to teach an integrated science course for Education majors in Sylvania and in Tiffin. Successful applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and possess at least a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in chemistry, biology, or physical science with some experience teaching K-8. Applicants with a Master’s degree in Education must demonstrate a strong foundation in the sciences.
To apply, send cover letter, vitae and three letters of reference (all in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com
Parent Center Coordinator
Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for a quarter-time Parent Center Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for the effective facilitation of the Parent Center goals and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides vision and leadership to the Parent Center; collaborates and is a liaison with the University faculty and staff.
- Plan and facilitate the Advisory Council meetings and assist with the overall function of the Council.
- Assists in the development and dissemination of instruction materials.
- Develops, maintains and manages collaborations with programs and facilities.
- Regularly reports to and works with the Advisory Board to incorporate community input, assure accountability and provide continuous quality improvement.
- Develops and maintains a data management system to efficiently store information regarding the Parent Center’s effectiveness.
- Supports and develops strategies to facilitate the integration of the Parent Center initiatives and classroom content in order to strengthen undergraduate curriculum.
- Effectively represents the Parent Center to the local community and makes contributions to the social work knowledge base at the local, state and national levels.
- ·Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Terminal degree in Social Work or related field preferred. MSW with a minimum of two years post-graduation experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of accredited programs and research skills related to program evaluation.
To apply, send a letter of application, CV and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Education Adjunct Instructors
Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for Education adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Education. Instructors are needed to teach a variety of daytime and evening courses at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Successful applicants teaching graduate courses must possess an Ed.D or Ph.D in reading, curriculum, educational technology, or educational leadership, or demonstrate expertise in one of those fields. Successful applicants teaching undergraduate courses must possess an M.Ed. (Ph.D. preferred), and have recent K-12 teaching experience; expertise in reading and availability to teach daytime classes is preferred.
To apply, send cover letter, vitae, and three letters of reference (all in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com.
Lourdes University, a private institution located in Sylvania, Ohio, offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applications for a Systems Administrator position.
As a key member of the Lourdes Information Technology department, the Systems Administrator is the sole subject matter expert for Windows and Linux servers computing systems, hardware and software. Key responsibilities include installing, monitoring and maintaining hardware and software for server operations, virtualization, storage management and enterprise applications. The Systems Administrator also serves as the backup for the Network Administrator and shares level 3 support responsibilities with the Network Administrator for servers, desktop systems, enterprise systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
- Manage, monitor, support and maintain all aspects of production for physical and virtualized server environments and storage platforms. Including but not limited to:
- monitoring log files for various issues and security warnings
- monitoring and reporting on disk utilization including free space
- monitoring and reporting virtualization performance
- Manage, monitor, support and maintain all aspects of key enterprise applications, including but not limited to:
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Domain Controllers
- Backup and recovery software systems
- Enterprise Anti-virus, malware, spyware software systems
- Network File Shares
- Perform, monitor and test all physical and virtual server and data backup for all Enterprise systems ensuring 100% server and data recoverability. Perform any necessary recovery from backup operations as necessary.
- Install, configure and maintain various Enterprise-wide application as appropriate.
- Maintain asset, design and troubleshooting documentation for all systems, applications and hardware under your control.
- Perform regularly scheduled updates and system patching during off-hour maintenance windows
- Ensures the integrity and security of Enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security and regulatory compliance.
- Manages end user accounts, permissions, access rights and storage allocations as directed.
- Mitigates, identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware and software problems on data center hardware and applications.
- Recommends, schedules and performs software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations and/or purchases.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
- Currently updating skills and knowledge through various educational channels.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Manages small to medium sized projects.
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Available for after hour and weekend support as required.
- Performs other related duties.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the design and management of the organization’s contingency plan, business recovery and disaster recovery plans. Reviews, tests and helps to maintain updates and plans for the update of software for operating systems. Maintains a record of all installed software and current versions.
- Supports, troubleshoots and repairs servers, network-attached storage and other devices.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration tasks.
- Performs or assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems and makes the necessary corrections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline preferred; supplemented with courses in current technology.
- A combination of certifications and experience will be considered in place of a degree.
- Current MCSE – Server Infrastructure Certification or ability to obtain within a year.
- Current VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization or ability to obtain within a year.
- Current Comp TIA Network + and Security +.
- Minimum of five years’ experience.
- Prior educational environment experience helpful.
- Strong knowledge of current Windows Server environments and VMware platforms.
- Understanding key networking concepts as it relates to data center operations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs. boxes for equipment tracking.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications to effectively work with all levels of management, staff, faculty and students.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Completed applications should include a statement of interest and current resume that includes names and contact information for at least five professional references.
To apply, send application materials (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant – College of Arts & Sciences
Lourdes University, a private, four-year liberal arts institution sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, invites applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant supporting our College of Arts & Sciences. This is a full-time, twelve-month, staff position.
This position will report directly to the Dean of the College and will provide administrative and clerical support to multiple academic departments and programs within the College. Duties will include but are not limited to: organizing all aspects of special events, interacting and communicating with members of the community, attending meetings and recording minutes, keeping Course Outlines and Syllabi up to date, distributing Course Reports at the end of each term, compiling detailed personnel spreadsheets, compiling Fall/Spring/Summer course schedules, daily liaison between student and faculty, keep all e-mail distribution addresses up to date, and complete all Reconciliation Statements and Check Requests.
The ideal candidate will possess at minimum an AA degree or five years administrative support experience, required proficiency in all MS Office applications, knowledge of QuickBooks (preferred). Candidate must demonstrate strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills. The ability to multi-task, prioritize a demanding workload, and work independently is necessary. Previous work experience in higher education and with SCT Banner preferred.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (in MS Word or pdf format only) to email@example.com
Lourdes University, a private, four-year liberal arts institution sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for the position of Accountant. This is a full-time, twelve-month position.
The Accountant is responsible for all general accounting, payroll, cash management, payables and accounts receivable functions. This position will also perform routine checks and audits of various funds and reconcile operating cash accounts. Accuracy and compliance with regulations is a key responsibility of this position.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Maintain fixed asset reporting to include monitoring capital projects, as well as capitalization and depreciation.
- Responsible for regular reconciliation of student receivable accounts.
- Work directly with the Financial Aid office in monitoring aid disbursement. Reconcile State and Federal aid ledgers to ensure compliance.
- Manage the University budgeting systems, to include monitor and reconcile departmental issues.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing the bi-weekly payroll tax deposits.
- Assists in the annual preparation of the University’s 990 and 990T Federal Tax Return.
- Assists in the annual preparation of 1098T, W2 and 1099 reporting.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts on a periodic basis.
- Prepares reports and monitors payroll related activities for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains separate accounting systems for the Franciscan Center programs and integrates them into the University information systems.
- Prepares and reconciles all reports required for Center Enterprises LLC, including preparation of sales tax returns.
- Assist in the annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting standards with experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience with various accounting software packages, database/spreadsheets and MS Office applications are required.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) effectively with a wide range of people.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (in MS Word or .pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No current positions