Lourdes University offers a challenging, flexible, and fulfilling work environment, driven by the institution’s mission to provide job opportunities for intellectual discovery for our students. We offer numerous benefits, as well as many opportunities for personal and professional enrichment — and our employees value the sense of family they gain from working in a small, caring community. Our campus is situated on 127 beautiful wooded acres in Sylvania, Ohio (10 miles west of Toledo).
Please review available job opportunities below.
Nursing Department Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants
Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants for the 2017 Spring Semester in the College of Nursing.
These temporary positions will assist and work under the direction of faculty to provide instruction in a classroom, laboratory or clinical setting. The area of specialization desired is Medical/Surgical.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred. BSN degree required.
- Experience as an educator in an academic setting preferred.
- Current, valid RN license to practice in Ohio.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a registered Medical/Surgical nurse.
To apply, send letter of application, CV and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Adjunct Instructor – Integrated Science
Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Chemistry and Physical Science. A lecture instructor is needed beginning January 2016 to teach an integrated science course for Education majors in Sylvania and in Tiffin. Successful applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and possess at least a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in chemistry, biology, or physical science with some experience teaching K-8. Applicants with a Master’s degree in Education must demonstrate a strong foundation in the sciences.
To apply, send cover letter, vitae and three letters of reference (all in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com
Technology Support Specialist
Lourdes University, a private institution offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applications for a Technology Support Specialist. This position works with various community members to resolve technology issues, primarily via telephone and email support. The Specialist also develops a working knowledge of the customer’s technology needs to better provide technical support within the University environment and assists with special projects as required. This is a full-time, twelve month position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides excellent customer service to community members with varying requirements and skill levels.
- Answers and logs all incoming calls and emails to the Helpdesk.
- Attempts to resolve calls on phone or at user location if required.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to research and solve complex problems.
- Has experience using Microsoft application and operating systems and computer hardware troubleshooting.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO as needed.
- Serves as backup to other IT team members.
- Maintains system documentation and logs.
- Performs or assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems; corrects identified problems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Independence and self-motivation.
- Experience in Helpdesk and desktop support with a diverse population.
- Associate Degree in computer sciences or 2 years of related experience.
- MCP, A+ Certified preferred.
- Strong knowledge of standard desktop applications.
- Experience working in Microsoft Windows network environment.
- Knowledge of desktop productivity software
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and copiers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
- Strong problem solving and research skills.
- Experience in basic computer hardware troubleshooting.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (in MS Word or .pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upward Bound Math and Science Tutors
The Lourdes University Upward Bound Program (UB) invites applicants for Math and Science after-school tutoring positions in its Academic Year Program. Tutors will be expected to work at one of two school sites, three days a week (Woodward- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and Waite-Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Anticipated hiring salary is $15-$18 (hourly).
- Facilitate active tutoring sessions which include, but are not limited to: asking questions, drawing diagrams, creating flash cards, developing outlines and encouraging reading.
- Help students with problems they are having in specified academic area(s).
- Grade and evaluate student work.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience in teaching and advising students from diverse, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to email@example.com (all in MS Word format only) (Certified teachers need to submit a copy of their teaching certificate).
Vocal Music Director
Lourdes University, a private institution located in Sylvania, Ohio offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies and sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis, is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial Vocal Music Director to develop various choral groups on the University campus. The successful candidate will have direct recruiting and enrollment responsibilities. This position is flexible in either part time or full time status. This position will report to Enrollment Management and Student Life staff.
The ideal candidate should have experience conducting choral ensembles at the high school or collegiate level and an ability to recruit and maintain a quality college-level program. A bachelor’s degree is required, masters preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Completed applications should include a cover letter and current resume that includes names and contact information for at least three professional references.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary requirement and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No current postings.
Administrative Assistant – Part Time
The Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, the sponsoring organization of The Sylvania Franciscan Village, invite applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Director of the Sylvania Franciscan Village, the Administrative Assistant will perform a wide variety of administrative and clerical functions in support of Village initiatives, including all electronic communications.
This is a part-time, 12-15 hours per week, non-exempt position paying $11.00 per hour.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promotes the values of the Sisters of St. Francis by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to reverence, service and stewardship, including respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, and efficient and effective resource use. Adheres to the Sisters of St. Francis policies, procedures and objectives. Exhibits professional attitude in attire, work-space and interpersonal communications.
2. Oversees the Village Calendar, E-News, Website and Rosary Care Center/OLG community monitors; Assist with identifying and creating new content and updates all sections of the Sylvania Franciscan Village electronic communications; works collaboratively with Village Director and Village partners in identifying information and activities so as to keep electronic means of communication current and up to date on Village activities.
3. Assists with the Bacik Lecture through promotion, registration, and oversight of all logistics required for the successful implementation of the lecture series. Manages Acceptiva and handles cash payment for registrations. Coordinates with the Bacik liaison representatives to distribute lecture notes and flyers.
4. Develops and creates flyers and promotional material for other Village sponsored events; works with the OSF and Lourdes University Marketing/communications departments as needed; ensures adherence of graphic standards in all communication/promotional materials.
5. Assists with the promotion and outreach for all Village sponsored activities and events; assists in taking photography of annual and special events; oversees logistics of all events including, but not limited to registration, set-up, refreshments, etc.
6. Assists with the processing of invoices; recording of Village expenditures, tracks receipts and works collaboratively with the OSF Finance Department regarding monthly trial balance report.
7. Maintains and regularly updates key contacts to ensure effective outreach to Sisters, sponsored ministries and community contacts.
8. Timely responds to internal and external inquiries regarding Village activities and events.
9. Assists with the planning and scheduling of meetings, preparation of reports.
10. Develops and maintains electronic and hard copies of the Village office files.
11. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills to respond to questions from internal and external contacts in a pleasant, friendly and professional manner.
2. Reflects the charism, values and mission of the Sylvania Franciscans.
3. Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Prioritizes/manages/completes multiple tasks in a timely manner.
5. Is flexible and able to handle change.
6. Works well in a team and individual settings.
7. Knowledge and experience with print/electronic technology, Internet and Social Media.
8. Highly proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Accountability and Collaboration
1. Reports to the Director of the Franciscan Village.
2. Collaborates with the Marketing and Communication Offices of the Sisters of St. Francis and Lourdes University.
3. Maintains communication and collaboration with the Sisters of St. Francis and their sponsored ministries.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING:
1. High School Degree; additional qualifications as an administrative assistant a plus.
2. Experience with social media and technology.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.