Lourdes University offers a challenging, flexible, and fulfilling work environment, driven by the institution’s mission to provide job opportunities for intellectual discovery for our students. We offer numerous benefits, as well as many opportunities for personal and professional enrichment — and our employees value the sense of family they gain from working in a small, caring community. Our campus is situated on 127 beautiful wooded acres in Sylvania, Ohio (10 miles west of Toledo).
Please review available job opportunities below.
Nursing Department Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants
Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for Adjunct Faculty/Teaching Assistants for the 2017 Spring Semester in the College of Nursing.
These temporary positions will assist and work under the direction of faculty to provide instruction in a classroom, laboratory or clinical setting. The area of specialization desired is Medical/Surgical.
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field preferred. BSN degree required.
- Experience as an educator in an academic setting preferred.
- Current, valid RN license to practice in Ohio.
- Minimum of two years clinical experience as a registered Medical/Surgical nurse.
To apply, send letter of application, CV and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Adjunct Instructor – Integrated Science
Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio invites applicants for adjunct faculty positions in the Department of Chemistry and Physical Science. A lecture instructor is needed beginning January 2016 to teach an integrated science course for Education majors in Sylvania and in Tiffin. Successful applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching and possess at least a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in chemistry, biology, or physical science with some experience teaching K-8. Applicants with a Master’s degree in Education must demonstrate a strong foundation in the sciences.
To apply, send cover letter, vitae and three letters of reference (all in MS Word format only) to: email@example.com
Upward Bound Math and Science Tutors
The Lourdes University Upward Bound Program (UB) invites applicants for Math and Science after-school tutoring positions in its Academic Year Program. Tutors will be expected to work at one of two school sites, three days a week (Woodward- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and Waite-Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Anticipated hiring salary is $15-$18 (hourly).
- Facilitate active tutoring sessions which include, but are not limited to: asking questions, drawing diagrams, creating flash cards, developing outlines and encouraging reading.
- Help students with problems they are having in specified academic area(s).
- Grade and evaluate student work.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience in teaching and advising students from diverse, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Pass a criminal background check.
Applicants should email cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (all in MS Word format only) (Certified teachers need to submit a copy of their teaching certificate).
No current postings.
No current postings.