Lourdes University is closed on May 28 in observance of Memorial Day.
Faculty / Staff Criteria
To be considered an individual must:
- Be employed by Lourdes for at least 24 months (preference given to full time employees);
- Possess good health and be capable of long and strenuous walks;
- Express a commitment to share the experience with the community;
- Read at least one book on the life of Francis of Assisi and Clare of Assisi, and review other materials placed on reserve in the library;
- Be open to new insights and discoveries;
- Participate in pre-pilgrimage gatherings for the purpose of getting to know other participants and answering questions concerning travel, itinerary, money, etc.;
- Participate in post-pilgrimage gatherings for the purpose of processing personal insights and discoveries;
- Serve as a mentor to future pilgrims;
- Translate the pilgrimage experience into action that impacts one’s service to Lourdes and to the broader community.
To apply, please submit the following:
- A cover sheet that includes: Name, department, e-mail and phone number;
- A recommendation letter from a member of the faculty, staff, or administration;
- A written summary of services you provide to Lourdes (job description, etc.);
- A written description of how the pilgrimage will benefit you personally;
- A 3-5 page narrative that includes a reflection on:
- How the pilgrimage will benefit you personally;
- How your personal spiritual journey prepares you for this experience;
- How the person of Francis of Assisi or the Franciscan tradition has already influenced your life and your ministry at Lourdes;
- How you plan to integrate this experience into your teaching and/or other work here with the Lourdes community. Include specific examples.
Please submit completed applications by March 27, 2017 at 5 p.m. to
Sister Ann Carmen Barone (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sr. Ann Carmen Barone will name a selection committee to review applications and, if necessary, hold interviews for the purpose of selecting the Pilgrims. Individuals are also responsible for covering the cost of obtaining their passport and for any personal purchases made while on pilgrimage.
Correspondence from the selection committee will follow with information regarding possible interview dates. Participants for the May 21-31, 2017 pilgrimage will be announced in April 2017.
Questions may be directed to
Sr. Ann Carmen Barone, OSF