Mystery of the Christmas Star
Journey back 2000 years to Bethlehem and discover a scientific explanation for the star the wise men followed to find the baby Jesus. The Appold Planetarium’s newest holiday show The Mystery of the Christmas Star investigates possible dates for the birth of Christ and looks at recorded sightings of significant astronomical events during this timeframe.
During The Mystery of the Christmas Star, guests will see how signs in the sky could have been remarkable enough to cause the wise men to travel across the desert from Babylon to Bethlehem to see the newborn King. This modern retelling of the Christmas story is sure to charm and captivate audiences of all ages.
This show is offered at 7:30 p.m. on December 9, 10, 16 and 17.
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The planetarium offers shows open to the public throughout the academic year on select Saturday nights.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra announce a new collaboration that brings music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can now enjoy the sounds of the symphony! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the solar system and view starfields, planets and other celestial phenomenon.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.