The Appold Planetarium is closed for the summer semester. In September a fresh show will be ready to take off! If you would like to request a particular show or topic, please leave us a message.
Coming in September
BLACK HOLES: The Other Side of Infinity
Mysterious and exotic, Black Holes are places where time and space are warped to the extreme. Nothing –not even light- can escape. Time stands still. Journey into the heart of a super-massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.
This cutting-edge production is narrated by Liam Neeson.
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email email@example.com
The planetarium offers shows open to the public throughout the academic year on select Saturday nights.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra announce a new collaboration that brings music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can now enjoy the sounds of the symphony! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the solar system and view starfields, planets and other celestial phenomenon.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.