Oasis in Space
Oasis In Space transports you on a startling and beautiful voyage through our universe, galaxy and solar system in search of liquid water – a key ingredient for life on Earth. Start with an exploration of Earth and its vast oceans that make life possible. Then journey through the solar system and gaze at beautiful images of the planets and their satellites. Spectacular visualizations invite you to draw your own conclusions about the other orbiting bodies in our solar system: is there water out there? Is there life beyond Earth?
Earth is literally our Oasis in Space because it has liquid water, and can therefore support life. But is it the only one?
The family-friendly shows are offered at 7:30 p.m. on the following dates.
September 9, 16, 23
October 14, 21
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The planetarium offers shows open to the public throughout the academic year on select Saturday nights.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra announce a new collaboration that brings music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can now enjoy the sounds of the symphony! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the solar system and view starfields, planets and other celestial phenomenon.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.