Compass, Calendar, Clock
For thousands of years people have watched the sun, moon and stars trace patterns in the sky. They built monuments such as Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids to align with the stars. Discover the simple patterns that allow anyone to use the sky as a compass, a calendar and a clock. You will be surprised how many ways objects in the sky influence our daily lives!
Shows will be at 7:30 pm on these Saturdays:
Jan. 20, 27
Feb. 10, 24
$5 for adults
$4 for children 12 and under and members of the Lourdes community.
Reservations are recommended.
Please call 419-517-8897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The planetarium offers shows open to the public throughout the academic year on select Saturday nights.
The Appold Planetarium and the Toledo Symphony Orchestra announce a new collaboration that brings music to the planetarium experience. Prior to each show, guests can now enjoy the sounds of the symphony! The 30-minute recording offers a grand selection of music sure to delight audiences as they prepare to travel through the solar system and view starfields, planets and other celestial phenomenon.
Directions to Lourdes
- From US-23 take Exit #234 – the first (or last) exit in Ohio – (Rt.51/184 east-Sylvania)
- Turn left (west) onto Monroe Street and continue .6 miles to Main Street (Key Bank is on the right)
- Turn left (south) onto Main Street and continue on Main for .5 miles to Convent Boulevard
- Turn right (west) onto Convent Boulevard and continue for .3 miles
- Turn right at the Lourdes University driveway – 6832 Convent Boulevard.