Do you need to put balance back in your life? Need help managing your time? Feeling disorganized? The Academic Support Center offers free Academic Coaching to help you improve the skills you need to succeed. Appointments for Academic Coaching last about an hour and occur once a week. Throughout the semester students will meet with the same academic coach one-on-one and each session is personalized. The academic coaches are trained to assist with:
- Learning Styles
- Efficient Time Management
- Memory Techniques
- Active Learning
- Test Preparation
- Test Anxiety
- Active Reading
- Note Taking
- And much, much more!
Academic Coaching Resources
- Weekly Planner – This Weekly Planner allows you the opportunity to fill in all of your courses and daily activities to help you stay better organized throughout the week!
- VARK Questionnaire – This is a Learning Styles Inventory that will help you identify if you are a Visual, Auditory, Read/Write, or Kinesthetic.
- Procrastination Self-Test – Use this test to really see if your time management skills are up to par, or if you’re a procrastinator.
- Study Environment Analysis – Where you study plays a significant role in your success. Are you studying in a place that matches your potential?
- Cornell Note Template – If you’re not sure how to organize your notes in a different way, try this method!
- Test Preparation Checklist – If you really want to prepare for your tests, try this checklist to help you get the most out of your study time!