The Academic Support Center is looking for tutors and academic coaches. Learn more below.
If your goal is:
- To help others
- To become a teacher
- To build a resume
- To help others succeed academically
- To prepare for graduate school entrance exams, professional tests
- To share your life experience with others
- Or just really, really want to learn “your stuff”
The Academic Support Center is looking for tutors/academic coaches:
- In almost all content matter (including math, sciences, business, writing/English, nursing, psychology, sociology, social work, criminal justice, and study skills).
- Peer tutors – students currently enrolled in college courses.
- Professional tutors- those who have earned degrees, teachers, professionals, or who are enrolled in graduate level classes.
- Knowledgeable in time management, organization, study skills, note taking, and other topics.
We have flexible hours:
- Tutors and Coaches can set their availability times to meet their scheduling needs.
- We have training, so no one is out on a limb.
- We have a great facility for your tutoring/coaching experience.
To become a Tutor, it’s as easy as 1-2-3:
- Earn an A- or better in the course to be tutored (for undergraduates), have an earned degree in the subject (for graduates).
- Obtain instructor/advisor recommendation for each course/subject to be tutored (if you are an undergraduate) or provide a list of references with your resume (if you are a graduate).
- Fill out a Tutor/Academic Coach Application below or call 419-824-3748.