Lourdes University is closed November 22-26 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Honorary, Professional and Student Organizations
Students majoring in a College of Business and Leadership program are encouraged to take full advantage of these honorary and professional student organization opportunities.
This International Honor Society for Business Management and Administration recognizes scholarship and achievement among students. Sigma Beta Delta encourages and promotes personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind. Business majors who rank in the upper 20 percent of their senior class are eligible for membership.
2016 Sigma Beta Delta Members inducted:
- Michael Asbury
- Alison Brinkman
- Taylor Derr
- Jonathan Farrell
- Denise Ford Saxon
- Shannon Miles
- Ilianna Otero
- Jordan Tanner
- Kara Thomas
- Dana Martin Award – (Theresa Busse – 2016 winner) Dana Martin was a 2001 Lourdes University graduate who overcame many obstacles to achieve graduation with distinction. She was selected for “Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities” and her enthusiasm echoed throughout her educational experience here at Lourdes. She was an active community volunteer and a supporter of all Lourdes activities. She was killed in a car accident on December 31, 2001, at the age of 39. The student selected for this award exhibits that “failure is not an option.”
- Business Student Leadership & Service Award – (Kara Thomas – 2016 winner) Recognizes a business graduate who has demonstrated leadership and/or service within the Department of Business at Lourdes University.
- Academic Excellence in Business – (Daniel Kelso – 2016 Winner) This award honors the Lourdes University business graduate having the highest academic achievement upon graduation.
- Outstanding Business Alumni Award – (Patti Zulewski – 2016 winner) Recognizes a business alumnus who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to serving Lourdes University and both the business and surrounding community.
- Alumni Entrepreneurship Award – (April Gladieux – 2016 winner) Recognizes a Lourdes University alumnus who has achieved entrepreneurial success and accomplishment in business.
Lourdes University’s pre-professional business association affords students opportunities to participate in entrepreneurial projects and leadership activities. Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together students, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. The organization is currently active in 36 countries, 1600 universities with 66,500 student participants.
- Destini Anderson- President
- Zachary Babb- Project Manager
- Laura Brannon- Secretary
Each year, Enactus offers the following events:
- Annual lecture featuring a key executive at a regional business or organization
- Veteran’s Day event