Philosophy of Lourdes University College of Nursing
The Faculty believes health is the dynamic state of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being that is defined in the context of personal values and culture.
The Faculty believes nursing is a scientific and caring profession which utilizes the most current evidence in diagnosis and treatment to optimize health, reduce risk, and promote wellness.
The Faculty believes learning results in an increase in self-understanding and discovery of knowledge, values, and skills. Learning occurs in a supportive environment through a collaborative partnership that requires active involvement on the part of a student/ learner and educator/facilitator.
The Faculty believes baccalaureate nursing education builds on a liberal arts education to prepare generalists to practice values-based nursing within the community, fulfill leadership roles and provide evidenced based nursing care. Masters nursing education builds upon the baccalaureate curriculum to prepare graduates for advanced nursing roles by promoting the development of advanced knowledge, concepts and skills.
College of Nursing Academic Resources
The Lourdes University College of Nursing offers students several academic resources. Students are encouraged to take full advantage of these opportunities.
Lourdes University Academic Resources
College of Nursing General Resources for Nursing Majors
Applications to the major are due on the first day of each semester and late admission forms are due the first day of May and December.
For Pre-Licensure Students
- Application for Admission to the Nursing Major – Pre-Licensure Students
- Self Assessment for Eligiblity to Apply to the Nursing Major – Basic and Nurse Aide Part II
- Late Application to Pre-Licensure
For LPN to BSN
- Application for Admission to the Nursing Major – LPN to BSN
- Self Assessment for Eligibility to Apply to the Nursing Major – LPN to BSN Part II
- Late Application to the LPN to BSN program
For RN to BSN
Nursing Jobs and Career Resources
- Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
- Nursing career guide
- 2016-2017 BSN Nursing Handbook
- Spring 2016 BSN Nursing Handbook
- 2015-2016 BSN Nursing Handbook
- 2014-2015 BSN Nursing Handbook
- 2013-2014 BSN Nursing Handbook
- 2017-2018 NAP Handbook
- 2016-2017 NAP Hanbook
- 2016-2017 MSN Handbook
- Spring 2016 MSN Handbook
- 2015-2016 MSN Handbook
- 2014-2015 MSN Handbook
- 2013-2014 MSN Handbook
- 2015-2016 NAP Handbook
- 2014-2015 NAP Handbook
If you have have a suggestion, complaint, concern or compliment for the College of Nursing, please complete this survey.