The Honors Program at Lourdes University will provide motivated and talented students a superior Franciscan education that is intellectually rewarding, interdisciplinary, rigorous, vibrant and research-oriented. The program aims to offer vibrant scholarly and cultural opportunities to help students become dynamic leaders and passionately engaged global citizens. As a result, these high-achieving students can enhance their creative thinking and critical inquiry skills to academically prepare to pursue graduate studies or for their chosen career path. A select group of new full-time freshmen will be admitted annually into the prestigious Lourdes University Honors Program.
The Honors Program features:
- Honors course sections with a rich interactive environment, designed and delivered specifically for honors students to develop a culture of inquiry
- Guaranteed placement in honors general education courses in English, history, philosophy and theology, which count toward graduation requirements
- Placement in the honors level First Year Experience (FYE) course
- Priority registration with the faculty advisor and Honors Program director
- Membership in an honors level Lourdes living learning community in Lourdes Commons
- Opportunity to participate in leadership and service learning experiences as well as cultural events and immersion experiences
- Opportunity to enroll in upper level honors integrated courses
- Research-based Honors capstone project with participation in the Lourdes University Research & Scholarship Symposium
- Honors recognition on diploma with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and the completion of 30 credit hours of honors courses
The Honors Program offers a competitive application process. Each year, a select group of applicants are accepted into the program, based on review of their application essay, letters of recommendation, and academic information.
Scholarship and Awards
Upon acceptance into the Honors Program, students will receive an annual $1,000 Honors Scholarship*. Honors Program students are also eligible to receive an annual $1,000 Honors Housing Award if they live on-campus in Honors housing and an additional $1,000 Scholars Housing Award if they live on-campus and participate in the Dean’s Scholars Program.
*This scholarship award may be listed as an estimate within your financial aid package.