Department of History, Political Science and Geography Learning Outcomes
- Identify and analyze the main events, persons, institutions, trends, cultural influences and developments in American, History, European History and World History.
- Demonstrate an understanding of historiographic perspectives.
- Effectively identify & analyze primary sources.
- Effectively identify & analyze secondary sources.
- Craft & defend a coherent historical argument with adequate supporting details in written form, utilizing the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Speak cogently about a historical topic in front of a group.
- Write a significant research paper that meets the standards of the profession and contributes to historical scholarship.