Lourdes University is closed on May 29 for observance of Memorial Day.
Associate of Arts
Bachelor of Arts
History is the story of humanity itself. It gives context to all human endeavors. It informs us about the past, gives meaning to the present and points the way to the future.
With a Bachelor of Arts in History degree, you can pursue a career as an educator, researcher, editor, producer, information manager, lawyer and a historian for public, not-for-profit and government agencies. The Lourdes University Department of History, Political Science and Geography faculty offer curriculum that allows students to acquire a greater understanding of world cultures and human interaction while strengthening their critical thinking and communication skills and their global awareness.
Lourdes history majors take full advantage of a wide variety of opportunities:
- Applying for the Dean’s Scholars program designed for high achieving students
- Choosing from a wide range of U.S., European and World history courses taught by expert faculty
- Hone their research and writing skills through Historical Sources and the Style Guide for History Papers.
- Minoring in political science
- Completing an internship at local, government and private organizations
- Studying abroad through the Ireland Experience program
- Participating in the Phi Alpha Theta student organization and attending a regional conference
History graduates often pursue a Master of Arts and a Doctor of Philosophy in history.
Learn more about the history major and the College of Arts and Sciences.