Master of Arts (MA) Theology
With a Master of Arts (MA) in Theology degree, you are prepared for continued study and to be a theological resource for others in the workplace. An ecumenically-oriented program, the Master of Arts in Theology program is rooted in the Catholic and Franciscan traditions that provide a solid foundation in Christian theology.
Graduates of this program are conversant with the primary sources of the Christian Tradition and understand how the Tradition speaks to the contemporary world. They have developed strong research and critical thinking skills as well as an integrated theological vision.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Request official college transcripts and have them sent to the Graduate School
- Complete and submit the Graduate Application for Admission
- Submit a current resume, statement of purpose and three letters of recommendation
- Provide the names and contact information for three professional references
- Complete a satisfactory interview with the MA in Theology Program Director
Submission of a writing sample in the discipline of theology or religious studies and successful completion of undergraduate courses in:
- Old or New Testament
- Christian Ethics
Submission of a writing sample in the discipline of theology/religious studies.