Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
MBA Program Completion Requirements
Each master degree candidate must successfully complete the following prior to graduation:
a. All Lourdes University graduation requirements;
b. Twenty-four (24) credit hours within the MBA Core Courses;
c. Twelve (12) credit hours within the MBA Elective Courses
Total Credit Hours Required for Graduation: 36-54 credit hours
Financial or Managerial Accounting
MBA Core Courses (24 credit hours)
MBA 621 Developing as a Leader or LS 616 Interpersonal Issues in Leadership
MBA 622 Critical Thinking and Effective Business Communication
MBA 623 Financial Reporting and Analysis
MBA 624 Planning, Budgeting, and Implementation
MBA 625 Global Business Perspectives
MBA 626 Power, Politics, and Influence in Organizations
MBA 629 Models, Markets, and Their Limitations
MBA 662 Managerial Finance
MBA Elective Courses (12 credit hours)
MBA 627 Creativity, Innovation, and Integrative Thinking
MBA 628 Triple Bottom Line Analysis
MBA 640 Management in Healthcare
MBA 641 Public Policy & Healthcare
MBA 642 Strategic Healthcare Planning
MBA 650 Operations Management
MBA 651 Supply Chain Management
MBA 660 Government and Nonprofit Accounting
MBA 661 Corporate Income Tax
MBA 690 International Immersion
MBA 691 Professional Immersion
MBA 692 Global & Cultural Immersion Analysis
MBA 693 Global Business Immersion
Intended Student Learning Outcomes for the Master of Business Administration Program
- MBA ISLO#1: An ability to recognize complex problems and accurately apply management concepts as a team member, by drawing upon facts, frameworks and theories to strategically complete projects.
- MBA ISLO#2: Ability to apply marketing concepts in order to effectively communicate, persuade and strategically engage diverse audiences within a technically driven business environment.
- MBA ISLO#3: Ability to apply accounting concepts and quantitative techniques in the creation, and analysis of financial situations within a business environment.
- MBA ISLO#4: Ability to apply financial concepts and quantitative techniques and methods in the analysis of financial and non-financial purposes to minimize risk.
- MBA ISLO#5: Demonstrate an understanding of ethical and social responsibility of leaders and their organizations, including an understanding of the value of diversity in leadership and leadership development.
- MBA ISLO#6: Understanding of the multidimensional global business environment.
College of Business and Leadership
Learn more about the Lourdes University College of Business and Leadership