Marketing intern gets imaginative
Marketing student John Rapp gained valuable experience in his field through an internship he completed with the Imagination Station last summer.
"I got to work in all three of the marketing areas at Imagination Station," notes John. "I worked with Lisa Gardner in Special Events, John Hopkins in Memberships and Anna Kolin in Public Relations."
As an intern, John was given the opportunity to perform a variety of marketing tasks:
- Collaborating with festival coordinators to increase attendance at local events
- Completing donation requests
- Compiling and distributing new member packets
- Proofing educational materials for exhibits
- Assisting with the opening of new learning areas in the science center
- Distributing press kits to local media outlets
"The thing I gained the most by working with Anna, John and Lisa was how important it is to work as a team and to make sure you have fun," says John. "I will also remember the level of dedication and focus of the employees towards Imagination Station's success – everyone there works toward a common goal and believes that the sky is the limit."
Comments are closed for this article, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this article, feel free to contact us.