Lourdes University is closed on May 29 for observance of Memorial Day.
Health and Wellness Center
The Health and Wellness Center of Lourdes University provides sick visits, physicals, flu shots, blood draws, etc. Faculty, staff and students must provide Lourdes IDs and insurance cards at the time of their visit.
Hours of Operation
Monday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 12:30 p.m – 4:30 p.m.
Available services include
General Primary Health Care
- Evaluation and treatment of uncomplicated illness and injury
- Colds and flu‐type illnesses
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Rashes and other skin disorders
- Headaches and head injuries
- Ear infections
- Sore throat and other mouth or neck problems
- Asthma and other chest symptoms such as chest pain and shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal problems
- Exposure to infectious diseases, such as rabies, strep, mono, and Lyme disease
- Immunizations / Tuberculin skin testing
- Academically required physical examinations
- Well Women’s Clinic
- Health and Wellness screenings and counseling
- Referral assistance for health concerns beyond the scope of the department
- If your condition requires referral to a specialist, the Student Health Clinic health care providers will assist you with making those arrangements. Referral services are provided, if indicated, to most area hospitals and medical specialists.
- Students would be responsible for contacting their insurance to verify coverage with any medical specialist or health facility outside of the Lourdes Student Health Clinic
- Fees charged by a specialist are independent of the Lourdes Student Health Clinic.
Pre-registration for students new to the clinic can be completed over the phone by calling 419-530-5000 and letting the staff know you are a Lourdes Student.
Please bring with you to each visit your student ID and insurance card.
Please bring with you any forms which may need to be completed as part of an academically required physical examination.
There is no co-pay for students in the Lourdes Student Health Center.
Health and Wellness Center Staff
Douglas J. Federman, MD, FACP
Dr. Federman has more than 25 years of experience in internal medicine. In addition to owning his own practice, he has privileges with a regional hospital and clinic. Licensed by the State of Ohio Medical Board and certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Federman teaches, and has served in administrative levels at a regional university. Recognized as one of “The Best Doctors in America”, Dr. Federman is a published author, distinguished researcher and speaker, and has been awarded five professional grants.
Anand B. Mutgi, MD, MSc, FACP
Dr. Mutgi has nearly 40 years of medical experience, having worked in hospitals in England, India, and in the United States. Currently serving as an associate professor in clinical medicine and professor of medicine at a regional medical university, he is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and holds licensure in Iowa, Ohio, India and the United Kingdom. Recognized as one of “The Best Doctors in America,” Dr. Mutgi is a nationally recognized author, speaker and researcher who has received two research awards including one from the American Federation of Clinical Research, Southern Section, New Orleans, LA.
Denise Flick, Phlebologist/Medical Assistant
Carol Thompson, Medical Assistant