Room Draw for Returning Students
This page only applies to current undergraduate students of Lourdes University.
If you are an incoming first-year or transfer student, please submit a housing application via our online form.
If you are a graduate or non-traditional student, you will receive information concerning renewing your leases in the next few weeks.
Welcome to the Room Draw Policy for the new academic school year
Lourdes University’s philosophy is to give first choice on housing preference to those returning students who have achieved academically and set a positive example as community members. We also seek to reward those students who have progressed academically towards graduation.
To be eligible to participate in Room Draw for the 2017/2018 school year the following items must be true:
- Registered for at least 12 hours for the fall 2017 semester
- Not have a financial hold on your student account
- Not have a conduct hold on your account or a current Community Standards case in progress
- A housing application for 2017/2018 must be completed and submitted
NEW ROOM DRAW PROCESS
Please mark your calendars for Thursday April 6 from 8-11 pm. Room draw will be a one night fun event this year! We will start the festivities off at 8 pm. We will have the floor plans up on the big screen and students will come in and pick their room for next year. We will have music food and maybe even some prizes, as we want to make this an annual event. The order of students picking will go from your class standing and number of credits earned. For example: the person with the most credit hours earned living in the res halls next year will get the first pick and then it will go from there. It will look something like this:
8-9pm= seniors (class standing next year)
When you come in for your class standing time residence life will put your in order of credits earned.
To start your Room Draw process you will need to follow these steps
- Make sure you have registered for classes next fall. Please make an appointment with your advisor as soon as possible and get registered! If you have some type of hold please take care of it as soon as possible. If you need help with this, please reach out to the appropriate department.
- Pick your top 3 choices of where you would like to live next fall as your top choice might already be taken.
- Pick your roommate or roommates and make sure they are also getting registered for classes.
- Please ask residence life if you have any questions!
If you are not registered for, classes you will not be able to pick your room at this time and will not get your first choice so please get registered as soon as possible!
THE BULDINGS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO RETURNING STUDENTS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Single Apartment Options- Rosaria- We will be offering some single apartments to upperclassmen. Again, these will be distributed based on credits earned. *
We will only be using one POD for single apartments in Rosaria for returning students. The other two PODs will not be available to returning students please make sure to pick an apartment in Ambrose, Pioneer or Emmanuel.
Notes on summer housing
- If you plan to stay for the summer, you may only reside in Rosaria and Emmanuel Halls.
- We will not be assigning single rooms for summer, so summer housing students should all plan on having roommates.
- You must send an email to Reslife@lourdes.edu no later than April 17, 2017 stating your intent to stay over summer.
Questions may be directed to Reslife@lourdes.edu or 419 824-3873.