Lourdes Students are "On the road again!" and you can help
During the month of January, 10 nursing students will be heading to Lesotho, Africa as part of their course Transcultural Experiences in Health Care.
Much of their time will be spent engaging in activities with children at an after-school center and volunteering with an HIV/AIDS education program for children. The students hope to collect some much needed items to take with them!
November 11-13, 2013
Download list of needed items
Collection boxes will be located:
- near the Welcome Center
- near the Center for Professional Studies in St Francis HallM
- in the corridor in St Joseph Hall
- in the entryway between Umbria Hall and Madonna Hall
About Campus Ministry
The department of Campus Ministry serves the entire Lourdes community by calling forth the gifts and talents of students, administration, faculty, staff, and alumni. The interaction of our diverse faith traditions enriches campus life. Our goal is to help create a community whose faith is alive, informed, and active. Our framework is one of Franciscan values, traditions, and spirit.
Grow in your relationship with God, with yourself, and with others through:
- Spiritual and Social LINKS that include weekly liturgies, Scripture study groups, retreats, ice cream socials, and Walks with Francis (learn about St. Francis while making a pilgrimage on campus).
- Outreach Ministry LINKs that reflect our support of Sylvania Area Family Services, Helping Hands of St. Louis, Bethany House, Habitat for Humanity, and other national and local causes.
- Reading the Campus Ministry LINK, weekly emails that contain current information on all related activities. You can find additional reflection resources in the Campus Ministry Corners in the MAH Student Center & SFH Student Lounge.
- Joining L.I.N.K. (Linking Interest, Need, and Knowledge) a student organization that works with Campus Ministry to help plan spiritual, social, and service oriented activities that link other students to the community.
Are you looking for ways to connect?