Community Standards & Student Conduct
As members of the Lourdes University community we have rights and responsibilities. These rights and responsibilities help us to create an atmosphere of concern and caring, one conducive to the teaching/learning process. We are committed to providing a fair and equitable conduct process that values educational sanctions. We value the integrity of each person as well as the importance of community and as such seek to balance the common good with the needs of the individual.
Student rights include the following:
- Freedom from threats.
- Freedom from acts of violence.
- Freedom from unfair or obscene treatment from others.
- Freedom from interference from others in an unreasonable and unauthorized manner while in class, activities and University events.
- Freedom from theft and willful destruction of personal property.
- Right to study and learn in an atmosphere of academic freedom.
- Right to fundamental fairness in University disciplinary action.
- Right to be governed by justifiable academic regulations.
- Right to be informed of the regulations for academic and social conduct, and graduation requirements of the University.
- Right to petition for redress of grievances, academic and non‑academic.
Student responsibilities include the following:
- To respect the rights and property of others.
- To be fully acquainted and comply with the published rules and regulations of the University.
- To comply with all local, state, and federal laws.
- To recognize that student actions reflect upon the individuals involved as well as upon the entire University community.
- To recognize the University’s obligation to provide an environment conducive for learning and academic inquiry.
- To adhere to the academic requirements determined by individual instructors.
To file an incident report documenting a violation of your student rights or the Community Standards Code, please complete the electronic incident report form or print out the PDF version and submit to the Welcome Center (see links on the right of this page). You may contact Todd Matthews, Becky Tobias, or Michelle Vollmar to discuss any conduct, Sexual Misconduct (Title IX), or safety related concerns you may have.