"Hit the Links" Golf Outing
Each year, on the first Friday in June, members of the Toledo-area community Hit the Links for Lourdes University students. Sponsored by MT Business Technologies, Inc./RICOH this year’s outing hosted 176 golfers and raised more than $33,500. Since its inception in 2000, Hit the Links has raised over $300,000 dollars for student scholarships at Lourdes University.
Hit the Links has been held at the Bedford Hills Golf Club in Temperance, Michigan for the last 10 years. The outing included 18 holes of golf played over 3 courses, a continental breakfast and lunch in the pavilion.
The top men’s team, finishing 17 under par, was Tim Hortons (comprised of Bryan Miller, K.C. Neweham, Brian Schmits, and Carl Weaver) The top women’s team, finishing 4 under par, included golfers Jo-Ellen Apgar, Ann Marie Blank, Gayle Lampkowski, and Ann Meier. The top mixed team, finishing 13 under par, was Health Management Solutions (comprised of Laurie Posten, John Raitz, Scott Simon, and Dan Trombley). Additional prizes included:
- Closest to Pin (Buckeye #4) Female: Marilynn Johnson; Male: Joe Miller
- Closest to Pin (Wolverine #4) Female: Anonymous; Male: Dan Trombley
- Longest Drive (Buckeye #8) Female: Terri Never; Male: Dave Devers
- Longest Drive (Wolverine #2) Female: Becky Alvarado; Male: Dan Trombley
- Longest Drive (Buckeye #9) Female: Carol Coe; Male: Doug Abodeely
- Longest Putt (Wolverine #9) Female: Melinda Juergens; Male: Kevin Donahue
Hit the Links is a wonderful opportunity for members of the community to gather to support higher education and Lourdes’ students. The generosity of our sponsors and participants is what truly makes this event a success.
For more information on Hit the Links or how to get involved in this event, call 419-824-3751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.