The Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, a religious congregation founded in 1916 and the sponsoring organization of The Sylvania Franciscan Village (comprised of the Sisters of St. Francis, Lourdes University, and Sylvania Franciscan Ministries), invite applicants for the full-time position of Communications/Development Coordinator.
The Communications and Development Coordinator is a full-time position responsible for the execution and tracking of the public image of the Sylvania Franciscans, through social media channels utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Google, and YouTube. The candidate will be responsible for creating a strategy to reach as many segments of the Sylvania Franciscans audience as feasible; including and engaging donors and friends by keeping them informed.
Promote the values of the Sylvania Franciscans (SOSF) by demonstrating behaviors that show a commitment to the values of the Congregation- conversion, contemplation, poverty and minority. Additional skills include respect, involvement, teamwork, effective and open communication, ability to adhere to policies and procedures as well as exhibit a professional attitude in attire, workspace and interpersonal communications.
- Write and edit copy for Sylvania Franciscan website.
- Use Content Management System to make and initiate changes to website pages.
- Coordinate Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Blog).
- Assist in building and mailing e-newsletters for the SOSF.
- Take pictures at events for use in different communications tools.
- Create and implement additional social media activities for the SOSF.
- Collect information for print marketing/communication pieces, prepare files for designer to utilize in layout.
- Produce PowerPoint slides for Franciscan Gala and other events as needed.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Manage database for e-mail promotion, send email promotions.
- Write and proofread copy for communications tools (newsletter, website).
- Assist in production of quarterly fund development e-newsletter for donor constituents.
- Track tax credit donations in the database, keeping files accurate for individual donors.
- Update and correct database records.
- Annual Gala Fundraiser
-Participate as Committee member of Franciscan Gala Committee.
-Assist in gathering print data for program booklet (auction items, sponsorship ads).
-Prepare guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials.
-Facilitate in the production of PowerPoint presentation.
-Assist with Silent Auction (implementation, set-up/tear down).
-Utilize Donor Management program (gift entry, acknowledgement of donor gifts); process of donations, and department correspondence.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite platforms a plus.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact for e- newsletters.
- Content Management System knowledge.
- Team member and proactive on projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong oral, written communication and organizational skills that result in ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
- Bachelor’s Degree and preference to candidate with 3-5 years of experience.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.