Lourdes University, a private, four-year institution of higher education located in Sylvania, Ohio, invites applicants for the position of Network Administrator. This is a full-time, twelve-month, staff position.
As a key member of the Lourdes Information Technology department, this position is the sole subject matter expert for all wired and wireless networking. The position is responsible for all aspects of network administration and support including routers, firewalls, switches, wireless and overall network security. The Network Administrator is also responsible for all Linux server administration as well as serving as the backup for the server administrator. The Network Administrator shares level 3 support responsibilities with the Server Administrator for servers, desktop systems, enterprise systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of all wired and wireless networking for all Lourdes University buildings, including switch monitoring and configuration, wireless configuration and monitoring as well as firewall configuration and monitoring.
- Ensures and monitors network system performance to maximize user availability.
- Performs systems configuration/reconfiguration as needed to optimize network functioning.
- Develops methods to enhance security and to minimize network attacks. Implements system policies to govern workstation and user rights/capabilities to enforce security procedures.
- Monitors, verifies and maintains scheduled backups of all systems and data to ensure protection from malicious or inadvertent damage and/or destruction and the ability to recover all data in the event of a system failure.
- Maintains network diagrams and documentation for all servers and network components and maintains the network configuration and/or procedure manual.
- Updates skills and knowledge through various educational channels on an ongoing basis.
- Rolls out hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Manages small to medium sized projects.
- Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
- Available for after-hour and weekend support as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, monitors and maintains Linux OS servers.
- Installs, monitors and maintains campus-wide security camera systems.
- Assists in the design and management of the organization's contingency plan, business recovery and disaster recovery plans. Reviews, tests and helps plan and maintain updates of software for operating systems. Maintains a record of all installed software and current versions.
- Supports, troubleshoots and repairs servers, network-attached storage and other devices.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration tasks.
- Performs or assists in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems and corrects the identified problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline preferred, along with supplemental courses in current technology.
- Cisco Certification CCNA preferred.
- CompTIA Network + required if no CCNA.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a network administrator in a medium size network. Prior educational environment experience is desirable.
- Strong understanding of IP networks, routing, switching and sub-netting.
- Solid foundation with Cisco routing (BGP, EIGRP).
- Has successfully performed packet capture analysis and troubleshooting.
- Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining the following:
- Cisco 3750, 3500, 2900 switches
- Cisco router
- Cisco ASA 5525, Cisco Any Connect and Clientless VPN
- Cisco Wireless Lan Controller 5505 with Cisco 1142, 1242, 2602. 3702 access points
- Cisco Prime, Identify Service Engine
- Exinda traffic shaping device
- Minimum of three years’ experience administrating VMware servers using Red Hat Linux, Microsoft and Oracle, along with printing and desktop technologies.
- Extensive experience in recommending, configuring and installing hardware for new and existing desktop computers and servers.
- Demonstrated ability to support networked printers and copiers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs boxes for equipment tracking.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications to effectively deal with all levels of management, staff, faculty and students.
To apply, send letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.