Scholarship Thank You Letters
Congratulations on your scholarship! As indicated in your award letter, your scholarship is contingent upon successfully completing a thank you letter to the donor within 14 days of scholarship award notification. Failure to do so will result in loss of the scholarship. Follow 2 simple steps to complete the process:
- Write the thank you letter addressed “To Whom It May Concern”. See guidelines below.
- Return your letter within 14 days (as of your original award letter date) to:
Financial Aid Office (FAO)
6832 Convent Blvd.
Sylvania, OH 43560
Do not email your letter.
Remember, you are representing yourself and Lourdes University, who has secured these scholarship funds on your behalf. A donor will appreciate the time and effort it took to produce an attractive, well-written letter. Your letter could build connections that could help you with future opportunities! Thank you for the time you are investing.
Thank You Letter Guidelines
Here are a few tips for writing a good thank you letter:
- Use quality paper or stationery. No torn-out loose leaf or notebook paper.
- Do not seal your letter in an envelope. All letters will be sent in a Lourdes University envelope.
- Use your best penmanship. Illegible letters will be returned.
- Address the letter to: To Whom it May Concern
- Be sure to mention the name of the scholarship within the body of the letter.
- Be sincere. Briefly tell your scholarship sponsor why the aid you are receiving is important to you and/or your family.
- Include a little about yourself such as year in school, chosen major, career aspirations, etc.
- Express gratitude. Use the words thank you.
- Be accurate. Have someone you trust check your note for correct spelling and grammar.
- Be sensitive to your sponsor’s beliefs. Don’t use your letter to evangelize.
- Enclose a good photo of yourself, if you wish. Donors love photos!
- Sign your letter in pen.