Staff Excellence Award
The Staff Excellence Award provides annual recognition to half and full-time staff employees at Lourdes whose performance on the job has been exceptional and best exemplifies professionalism and dedication to the mission of Lourdes. If you would like to nominate a staff member for the Staff Excellence Award, please review the criteria and complete the form for electronic submission. Questions can be directed to Denise Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the Staff Excellence Award a staff employee must have been employed a minimum of two (2) years and have been in their current position at least one (1) year as of the first business day of the new calendar year. Past winners must wait three years before regaining eligibility. The exempt/non-exempt status, Date of Hire, and Date within current position is confirmed by the Director of Human Resources.
Selection will be based on job performance that has been exceptional and best exemplifies a dedication to the mission of Lourdes within the preceding calendar year, through the present.
How well the nominee provides outstanding and ongoing excellence in service for the operation of Lourdes.
- Significant contributions to the department or university
- Exceptional dedication to the job
- Proven record of exceptional quality of work, competency of the job and exceptional productivity
- Innovative and creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department and university operations
- Evidence of superior judgment and decision making that reflects responsibility and accountability
How well the nominee personifies the values of learning, reverence, and service.
- Exceptional performance that exemplifies the professionalism and dedication to the Mission of the University
- Exceptional interpersonal relations with colleagues, faculty, staff, students and members of the public, including outstanding teamwork capabilities and promotion of positive morale
- Professional development activities (including educational and/or personal development)
How well the nominee brings honor and recognition to the University.
- Service to the university (nominee participation/leadership in governance organizations such as Staff Association Board, committee work, or Task Force membership)
- Volunteer/Community service
- Professional contributions (recognition nominee has received in his or her professional field, including publications, participation in professional societies, and committee work within field)
As you make your selection of who you believe best exemplifies the above criteria, we recommend that you provide some detail, as well as examples.
Nominations are now open – please contact Denise Johnson at email@example.com with questions.